Change font size   Print view

Surf Flicks @ Laurelhurst Theater

This board is for announcing meetings and events (i.e. Surfrider meetings, surf club events, beach clean-ups, surf contests, etc). Registration is required.

Moderators: Spider, wanty

Surf Flicks @ Laurelhurst Theater

Postby John Dolan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:09 am

8/13 – 8/19

I sent a message to the admin at the Laurelhurst Theater suggesting that they show a surf flick from time to time. They responded positively. However, many of the films I suggested, old and new school, were not on 35 mm.

It seems they are working on a project involving Milius, and are working on getting "Big Wednesday." O.k., I'll take that for a start.

Now, I appreciate the effort and will support what the folks at the Laurelhurst are trying. Remember, appreciate the effort. They did get "North Shore" and will be playing it from 8/13 to 8/19. I will send a message explaining, in general, the surf communities opinion regarding that attempt at a surf flick. Give them a break. Support the effort. Go, watch the flick, eat some pizza and drink some beer, see Occy, Gerry, Laird, etc. ham it up and always, always, always remember - "nobody listens to Turtle!"

John Dolan
Those who know don't tell, those who tell don't know
John Dolan
I love a good soft top

Re: Surf Flicks @ Laurelhurst Theater

Postby speelyei » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:41 pm

I may attend this.
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!

Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:43 pm

JD...why are you so down on what are possibly the two best surf flicks ever made?

At least they are not playing Point Break....though that did have Busey and it is hard to argue against a Busey flick....
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby pra_ggresion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:18 am

Heh, hmm, and Warchild!
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby escondido_vida » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Point break has some of the most epic oregon surf shots, I mean one second its completely flat and gray and the next it looks like blue Wiamea shore break.

I'd like to see Modern Collective on the big screen, the surfing and music is great in that movie, I know pra can agree with me on that one :-)
escondido_vida
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Quad Head » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:56 am

M.C. techno crazyness. Dance. Dance. Dance. Progressive Crazyness. YAO. Lotsa big screene suf stoke this summer. Castles in Sky more Quadlys speed. Was a bit faded by the time they got the thing started, but dug it. Radness. 180 South. Hotest premier of da year. Line was 2 blocks long. Outdoor ratting @ it's finest. Loved it! Go get lost now.
Quad Head

Postby SlimVest » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:00 pm

It was fun to see in a theater. Worth the 3 bucks.
SlimVest
baitfish expert

Return to Event Announcements