Change font size   Print view

OR Skating

Most people put away childish things as they mature. However, if you insist on engaging in this inherently dangerous pasttime please confine your posts here...so I don't have to waste time reading them. Registration is required.

OR Skating

Postby Tex » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:53 pm

Super cool history from somewhere on spaceship earth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALL_jVXhKsM
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Re: OR Skating

Postby Howly Wolf » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Love his description of Burnside in the day. I remember how big a deal it was back in that era, even to us kids on the east coast, and how mind blowing the whole DIY skatepark concept was. There wasn't much to skate in my zone way back when, but we used to cobble together all sorts of makeshift features out of crap we'd find lying around and skate them until the city cleaned house. Eventually, they built an ok park, but for the most part I have fonder memories under bridges, in alleys, industrial ports.

Drove past CCS a few weeks ago and saw some crazy haphazard ramps in a lot nearby-- just about brought a tear to my eye. They looked so fun and dangerous. That's the core of skating imo-- subverting the wasteland itself to make something beautiful and remarkable and thrilling. Burnside is the realization of that ethos in its fullest.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Tex » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:44 pm

My 15 Year old and his crew put some boxes together at the Grant Park tennis courts...they stay lit pretty late. Nothing has been reported on Next Door YET.....
Tex

Postby Howly Wolf » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Oh man, I'm so glad that Next Door wasn't a thing when I was young. I'm quite sure my neighbors hated me-- lived in a little beach community with no waves, but sweet ledges that I waxed proper much to the chagrin of various retirees. Next Door would've been a gold mine of disdain in that respect....

Your 15 year old is doing it right btw! Fond memories of late evening/night sessions on the homemade goods.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Spent » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:32 am

Tex wrote:My 15 Year old and his crew put some boxes together at the Grant Park tennis courts...they stay lit pretty late. Nothing has been reported on Next Door YET.....

Yo Tex, I just found a pretty decent launch ramp in a bush. Do your boys want it?
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Tex » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:45 pm

damn that could be pretty cool....is it in NE by chance?
Tex

Postby Spent » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:41 am

SE. Free to a good home.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Return to Skateboarding without a condom