Change font size   Print view

Slams

Most people put away childish things as they mature. However, if you insist on engaging in this inherently dangerous pasttime please confine your posts here...so I don't have to waste time reading them. Registration is required.

Slams

Postby Spent » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:03 am

I took one.

I f*cked myself.

Dislocated finger. Massive bruised hip and tweaked knee.

Luckily I can still surf... mostly...
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Re: Slams

Postby Tex » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:56 pm

Sorry to hear bro....glad it wont slow you down in the water too much.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Spent » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:26 am

Comes with the territory. Shame it happened just as Smithgrind is getting his skate on again and after the new Sherwood Park opened. A few more weeks and I should be OK to skate...
Spent

Postby Howly Wolf » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:27 pm

You able skate again, Spent? How exactly did you slam? Something worthwhile I hope and not some bogus bs like a pebble under the trucks or some jazz like that.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Spent » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 am

Wasn't too glamorous. Was going too fast out of the gate early in the morning. High speed board slide. Changed my line slightly to avoid a kid and hung up immediately on the curb at Gabriel. Not sure how I fell but when I got up my finger was dislocated. I immediately put it back in place and then nearly blacked out. My hip was bruised to shite and I did something to my knee.

I am mostly better. I can walk, surf, ride a bike and probably skate but I cannot fully sit on my heels (in a deep quad stretch). Until I can do that I won't skate as you know how it goes with skateboarding...

Oh and my finger is still swollen... 6 weeks later...
Spent

Postby Howly Wolf » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:37 pm

Dude, finger still swollen after 6 weeks cannot be good. Might want to get that checked out... Of course, I don't follow such sage advice 99% of the time, so no judgement if you let it heal how it may.

That said, I'm a huge fan of arnica salves, especially those made by this local company:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MettaEssentials

Sadly, I go through a few bottles each year and wish the owner would just sponsor me already. But it genuinely helps with easing inflammation and speeding up recovery, whether from an acute injury or just noodled arms/shoulders during a surf trip.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Spent » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:27 pm

It was 90 degrees out of place. I'm not surprised its still swollen. It doesn't hurt and I can move it without pain. I think its pretty common for a dislocation to take some time to settle down. I've got all kinds of lotions and potions I put all over myself. CBD ointment has been pretty useful at times.
Spent

Return to Skateboarding without a condom