Change font size   Print view

my kid's a stud

This forum is all about the family and the upcoming generation of Oregon surfers.

Moderator: Tex

my kid's a stud

Postby grizldoldfk » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:14 pm

so, i get out of the water...mywife and kids had been there and gone...i saw them, but was being greedy/desperate and stayed out instead of coming in and stealing their sugar. but when i got up to my rig, and went for my bucket to strip in, a CRAB! flexed his claws and told me "wassup beyotch!?" someone had filled my wetsuit bucket with water and inserted a pissed off crab. now that's just funny.
turns out it was my little man. he's not afraid of f-ing anything. so he found a crab in the shallows and grabbed it and left it for me as "a little present".
i'm personally afraid of those ugly shite eating crusty spiders. they're gross...and they've got a gnarly squeeze. i would never admit that to my five year old though. he'd lose all respect.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby escondido_vida » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Your kid sounds awesome!
escondido_vida
Am I addicted to this?

Postby grizldoldfk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:40 pm

well..he's been wanting to get some skateboard lessons...and he has his certain standards ya know...
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby grizldoldfk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:32 pm

okay. i'm sorry. i can't help it.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby bluesilver » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:14 am

he's not afraid of f-ing anything.

Wha?
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Re: my kid's a stud

Postby grizldoldfk » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 pm

haven't posted in a while. looks like everything's changed and its all still the same so here i go...

my five year old crab grabber is now six and his little brother is three. big bro showed little bro how to climb up the rounds and jump onto the crab float rope swing i made (doin my part for the earth ploverman). he has to jump and pull himself up and wrap his legs around the float in mid flight or eat crap. pretty complex for most anyone but the rascal pulls it off and i'm impressed. but that's not why i'm writin'.
he gets up there like the third time or so, and trips at the top. he pitches the rope (smart) then falls right toward the woodpile and that huge nail that my wife told me when i left it there you know, the huge spike one that is sticking straight out of the little roof thing i made to keep the wood dry but doesen't really do that? so he is going down face first, must see that spike coming at him, he spins over, and again to avoid the other objects that will certainly hurt when he lands on them, then splats out shallow dive style onto the dirt. that was a six foot drop. hurt to see it. i run to scoop him up. he rolls over, dirt and leaves stuck in his hair and elbows. he's wearing shorts. he's smiling, wide eyed. "whoa! that was crazy!", he says laughing. and he brushes off and goes back for more.
just wanted ya'll to know we're raising them tough here on the central coast. something everyone should keep in mind.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Re: my kid's a stud

Postby Trula » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:36 pm

That is awesome. Now go fix that nail.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Return to The Next Generation