Change font size   Print view

we've got blood!

This forum is all about the family and the upcoming generation of Oregon surfers.

Moderator: Tex

we've got blood!

Postby grizldoldfk » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 pm

like father like son. a chip off the old block! memorial day 2010

"c'mon boys! lets go home and get warm and eat dinner!"
"aw dad! just one more! okay?!"
"okay (smiling with pride), but just one, then we gotta get. we've got school tomorrow!"
the four year old drags the board back into the froth and turns and dives onto it as the wave pushes up onto the sand. the boy feels the rush. he's flying across the smooth water, then the idea comes to him..."hey! i think i'll just stand up now."
and so he does.
just as the boogie board hits dry sand and comes to a screeching halt. the father watches with delayed reaction as his youngest and most daring child falls like a tiny statue, face first onto the nose of the board. the old man steps lively, snatching the youth from the rushing ocean. the sand slides away from his tiny quivering lips. his wet eyelashes betray him. the eyes have decided to cry. then the nose decides to bleed. the boy decides he hates surfing (he later would forget that he ever hated it). the father decides it is time to go home. he scoops his son up and carries him for a hundred miles over steep soft sand.
"one day son, i'll show you a video my friend took of me, spitting blood after a crazy wipeout. you're alittle man. you're tough! good job!"
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Re: we've got blood!

Postby nm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 pm

good stuff Griz!! :D

don't worry...you keep talking up the awesomeness of getting to his feet & the very cool wave....he'll soon forget the bloody nose. don't wait to get him back out there. OH....and...the peer pressure of kids/friends his age really helps. :wink:
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Re: we've got blood!

Postby Tex » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Great post Griz...I cant wait for my boys first session....they are amping hard.

The other night, I came home from work and they had put in surf videos to watch on their own. Usually I am the one putting the vids in but now they are watching them all by themselves.

That was some pure stoke for sure!
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Return to The Next Generation