Change font size   Print view

Surf City Oregon in Crisis

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Surf City Oregon in Crisis

Postby Major Lazer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 am

Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Re: Surf City Oregon in Crisis

Postby Tex » Sun May 05, 2024 11:10 am

I feel like law enforcement needs proper legal tools to go after dealers, producers/distributors. I think putting the end user in jail does not solve the problem of mental health and addiction. OPB did a good investigation story on 110 and found that the funding did not get rolled out properly to set up the mental health/addiction providers with resources to help those on the streets. I wonder if the big city dwellers overly romanticize small town living believing that what goes down in PDX would never happen in small towns like Newport, CB, Gearhart, Astoria....
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Re: Surf City Oregon in Crisis

Postby Major Lazer » Sun May 05, 2024 4:08 pm

I'm sure many do, and many have already jumped ship to rural areas all over. But anyone who's spent time outside of affluent places like CB, Manzo, Gearhart, etc. know there's a seedy underbelly to the OC. Living in south Lincoln County in the mid to late 90s during the beginning of the crank and meth era was an interesting one. Tweekers abound, dental issues the norm, and often wondered about leaving my truck unattended while surfing in some of the remote areas and wheatear Id have a window or calcilytic converter when I returned. Working in and exploring remote forest areas I would occasionally stumble on the remnants of mobile meth labs and other weirdness. And off course the funding was not rolled put "properly" which seems to be a common explanation or excuse with many of these failed measures these days :roll:
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf