Change font size   Print view

who would YOU run over?

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Who would you run right over with yer board?

Madonna
25%
Officer Riveri
8%
any grom
8%
anyone with a board shorter than mine
No votes
anyone with a board longer than mine
No votes
anyone with any kind of rental equipment
25%
the guy who parked on the beach
No votes
the person who left their leashless dog on the beach
No votes
anyone with dreadlocks
25%
I cant control my board enough to hit someone deliberately
8%

Total votes : 12

Postby Dub Star » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:59 pm

brdsurf wrote:Wheres the option for running over the over-zealous shred hard who thinks he really is ripping it up so hard all the while running over kids trying to learn and dropping in on others never minding looking back since they are just ripping so hard. Oooooor, if they didnt drop in on anyone they just paddle around and get pissed about all of the people in the water and in their way while they are trying to rip.....

You are from PC aren't you.
Dub Star

Postby brdsurf » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:40 am

Dub Star wrote:
brdsurf wrote:Wheres the option for running over the over-zealous shred hard who thinks he really is ripping it up so hard all the while running over kids trying to learn and dropping in on others never minding looking back since they are just ripping so hard. Oooooor, if they didnt drop in on anyone they just paddle around and get pissed about all of the people in the water and in their way while they are trying to rip.....

You are from PC aren't you.

Yeah right.... surely you joke. shite wasnt that way when I was there.
"I have to overcome that safety mechanism that wants to rise up in me and to keep me from doing something that could kill me."
"Everything’s okay until it isn’t."
brdsurf
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby Dub Star » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:36 am

Yeah Bird prob been a while for ya. Thinking back to a session almost 11 years to the day now, which isn't that long ago, but longer than most of the heads on this page have been surfing and maybe longer than most of the now transplanted locals have been there? Actually was the day after Forse got hit just south. A weekday and solid overhead and holding. Myself, a buddy, and Jipp were surfing walled up rights off the cave. Just 3 of us all morning and dam fun. Then I ended up living somewhat close by and sometimes ended up there on my searches. I seem to remember it being fairly crowded and seeing some form off "that guy" you refer to. Still not as crowded as it can get these days. Weekends always, but thats when I worked. Not sure if you were around 10 or so years ago, but even now not as crowded as most places in California.
Dub Star

Postby brdsurf » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:23 am

Hmm, PC and me...
started there @86 until I found myself on this extended vacation 2003. Seen all the things come and go in between. Mostly come though. First 10 years always looking for someone to paddle out with. Wasnt until late 90s, well, perhaps 98/99 that it was a bit more common to see others. Mostly valley guys/weekend warriors. Of course we would see LC, Seaside and Tillamook crews but we all knew each other for the most parts.
Trust me, if it went down in PC from about 90-2003 I was either a witness to it or an instigator. I took huge exception to those that liked to run kids over on purpose or would blatantly drop in on them, just because they were kids. Jet skiers... dont get me started with them. Yakers..... they were the worst. Not that I didnt appreciate what they maybe have been doing but when they dont have lateral control in the white water and plow over people paddling back out.... well, much has been said about this stuff and my actions but I still stand by it. If you came and were respectful of others in the lineup no problem. If you showed up trying to impress everyone by surfing so close or over the top of someone or worse yet, if you hit one of the younger people out there, regardless if we knew who the kid was.... you were marked. Not just by me.
Ive shared Malibu with 300 of my closest Cali friends, C street with well over 100 and other obviously crowded places, yet have I ever seen such disregard for the common courtesy of others as I did at PC from about 1999-2003. At some point I just had to let go and take my waves and let others fend for themselves.
"I have to overcome that safety mechanism that wants to rise up in me and to keep me from doing something that could kill me."
"Everything’s okay until it isn’t."
brdsurf
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby Dub Star » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:44 am

Right on brdsurf I'm sure we shared some waves somtime back then. Always chill, always respectfull. peace-
Dub Star

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf