Change font size   Print view

November surf reports.....

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Postby stinkbug » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Bailed Friday work for a pre-rush mission up north.
(not sure how many more times I can play the H1N1 card...)

Name-brand spot #1 was good (but not epic).
A little OH on set. Light offshore. Well covered, but not too packed.

Off-brand spot #2 not as good, but fun & no crowd. HH with some thump. Some bigger sets, but they just served to work the lineup as they rolled in unpredictably.

Light Offshore til noon, side-on after. Got in the water at 11:30, so...yeah.

You just never know up here. All the "data" screaming EPIC! but my short window was decent but not epic. Heard it was better early. Looked better as I was leaving at 2:30. Yeah. One of those.
stinkbug
shorepounder

Postby Ceedog » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Everyone has one, you know that hidden spot that only breaks when the swell's huge. My hidden spot is neither hidden nor secret, in fact most who trek through that area end up driving there and enjoying a seldom seen, peaceful view of the ocean. This place hides in plain sight, but at 20+ft, it becomes a beacon for those less inclined to tackle anything over 5' at the open beaches up the road. It is inviting, non-threatening, its.., easy. Without consequences most oftenly means without thrills. Today was no exception, but we enjoyed watching the W-CH mushy closeouts from our family picnic on the beach.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby WC » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:23 am

i know of a certain similar spot that i was at today which would have been close to greatness if it wasn't for the nuking effect of the strong south winds even over the relatively small fetch; still chop, and flattened but breaking waves persisted with the rain.

above, on the bluff we stayed in our cars, lined up, fogging up the windows with the conversation, looking at waves that nobody wanted to surf.
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby mavericksman » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:30 pm

great sess the past three days bros! respect.
bombs not bombs
mavericksman
shorepounder

Postby erzats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:23 am

size ain't everything up there.
erzats
core!

Postby wanty » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:04 am

Ceedog wrote:Everyone has one, you know that hidden spot that only breaks when the swell's huge. My hidden spot is neither hidden nor secret, in fact most who trek through that area end up driving there and enjoying a seldom seen, peaceful view of the ocean. This place hides in plain sight, but at 20+ft, it becomes a beacon for those less inclined to tackle anything over 5' at the open beaches up the road. It is inviting, non-threatening, its.., easy. Without consequences most oftenly means without thrills. Today was no exception, but we enjoyed watching the W-CH mushy closeouts from our family picnic on the beach.

I think thats it in your avatar
wanty
Site Admin

Postby SooLoo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:11 pm

This morning wasn't very fun and got worse from there...
SooLoo

Postby Friend Of The Hawk » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:15 pm

I thought it was pretty good this morning.........
If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap.....
Friend Of The Hawk
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Postby Ceedog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 am

wanty wrote:
Ceedog wrote:Everyone has one, you know that hidden spot that only breaks when the swell's huge. My hidden spot is neither hidden nor secret, in fact most who trek through that area end up driving there and enjoying a seldom seen, peaceful view of the ocean. This place hides in plain sight, but at 20+ft, it becomes a beacon for those less inclined to tackle anything over 5' at the open beaches up the road. It is inviting, non-threatening, its.., easy. Without consequences most oftenly means without thrills. Today was no exception, but we enjoyed watching the W-CH mushy closeouts from our family picnic on the beach.

I think thats it in your avatar

Actually, me thinks its yours. Mine might of been a close imitation though, the parking lot looked like foulweather's on any given Saturday.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby Tatonka » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:32 pm

bit funky but head and a half on the sets, sunny, glassy and 8 out
can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tatonka
duck diving fool

Postby Dub Star » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:25 am

Score! Get any set waves or did you have to sit on the shoulder and clean up the scraps?
Dub Star

Postby Tatonka » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:28 am

nothing but love at Shorties
can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tatonka
duck diving fool

Postby ghosting » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Surfed the bay area first half of this week. A little warmer. A lot more crowded. Was torn on whether or not it was even as good as home, having had such a killer week the week before.

Met a ton of really nice people. Surfed.
ghosting
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Dub Star » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 am

ghosting wrote:Was torn on whether or not it was even as good as home, having had such a killer week the week before.

ghosting wrote:Surfed.

Think about this way, you sure as hell wouldn’t of done any surfing here and probably won’t anytime soon. It's sunny and offshore down there right now and my friends are scoring. The machine is on, has been since September, and will be till March. Trust me it's better down there.
Dub Star

Postby SlimVest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 am

Some solid walls and spectacular falls on sunday. Both on my part. More the latter though.
SlimVest
baitfish expert

PreviousNext

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf