Change font size   Print view

Some Good Surfboard Design Articles

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Some Good Surfboard Design Articles

Postby erzats » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Maybe one or two of these has been linked here. I think rusty does a good job de-mystifying some aspects of board design for those that want demystification.

http://www.surfline.com/blogs/talking-design-the-board-blog-with-rusty-preisendorfer_26649/
erzats
core!

Re: Some Good Surfboard Design Articles

Postby smithgrind » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:54 pm

erzats wrote: I think rusty does a good job de-mystifying some aspects of board design for those that want demystification.

I agree. He doesn't over tech you and explains design in terms that are easy to understand.
smithgrind
greystoke

Prisendorfer

Postby McDing » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 pm

He was a good shaper as a young gun for Canyon, who grew into his own. He was smart enough to market his name and put himself into a position in which he could do what he liked to do the most -----Shape He is certainly on a level in the USA that only one other shaper has attained in recent years. I have ridden boards that he shaped (no doubt) while at Canyon in the '80's. They were some of the best shortboards I have ever ridden and those boards are a heavy influence(at least in my mind) on any shortboard that I shape today. His longboards back then were quirky and interesting, Differant from the average "retro-log". I think in recent years he has been influenced a great deal by what other shapers are designing and marketing and has conformed a bit. His proven designs and innovations though cannot be disputed.
McDing
Am I addicted to this?

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf