Change font size   Print view

Introduce Yourself Here

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Postby El Lemodor » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Seaside. It was a mess. Indian was cleaner but breaking waaaaay out and I would have been solo.

Have had several successful missions to Shorties and I want to expand my horizons.
El Lemodor
Mermaided

Postby Bubalus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:36 am

I hear San Diego is nice this time of year.
Bubalus
the surfing sahib

Postby X-squid » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:58 am

Well, you pretty much named the majority of "well-known" spots north of Tillamook. 'Horizon expanding' at this point will probably require more than an OSP post. Good luck...
Just another baka gaijin
X-squid
Ten barrel mullet

Postby El Lemodor » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:15 pm

X-squid wrote:Well, you pretty much named the majority of "well-known" spots north of Tillamook. 'Horizon expanding' at this point will probably require more than an OSP post. Good luck...

Yeah, not expecting any free intel. Hell if I ever gave any out.

Anyway, if anyone out there wants to share rides from Portland I'm motivated and have a flexible schedule.
El Lemodor
Mermaided

Postby bluesilver » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:55 pm

El Lemodor wrote:
X-squid wrote:Well, you pretty much named the majority of "well-known" spots north of Tillamook. 'Horizon expanding' at this point will probably require more than an OSP post. Good luck...

Yeah, not expecting any free intel. Hell if I ever gave any out.

Anyway, if anyone out there wants to share rides from Portland I'm motivated and have a flexible schedule.

You are now on the FBI's most wanted list for being a spot namer. Just stay away from The Point. LOL
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby 2tone » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:17 am

Hi... I'm 2tone and I think you surfers as soooo cool.. Dude!! When I grownup, I wanna be just like you!!
2tone
Mermaided

Postby bluesilver » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:53 pm

El Lemodor wrote:
Have had several successful missions to Shorties and I want to expand my horizons.

Try a larger dildo
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Tex » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:10 pm

WOW!!!!
Blue...that was off the charts bro!
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby bluesilver » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:11 am

LOL - Yeah I guess it was, but made sense, no malice intended really.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

people still read this sh*t?

Postby CVDSURF » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:04 am

Just moved to the Portland area from St. Augustine Florida, where for some ungodly reason it has become the land
Of the SUP. Trying to find some people out here who still prefer to ride boards that don't need paddles to ride. Oh,
And some consistent swell. Where the f*ck is that? I've got skunked on about four beach trips so far. I'm new to the whole
Driving multiple hours for surf train. And that train blows when you get to the breaks and the waves are dumpy close outs.
CVDSURF
Mermaided

Postby X-squid » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:46 am

Yeah not too many people post on here anymore, plus you picked a pretty crappy time of year as far as first impressions of Oregon surf go. Give it 6-8 weeks...
Just another baka gaijin
X-squid
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:10 pm

X-squid It will prob be to big in 6-8 weeks :lol:

St Auggy huh..... why Portland? Are you a techy millennial who moved out to work for a start up?

First off welcome to inland-valley-flat lander maggot life. You are already very much hated. One for moving here and two for being a Portland fuking kook. Expect little to no respect in the water. :lol: Trust me I'm one too and I've been around a while (to long now place is blow out by caliwackers and east coasters)

Yes we have swell, but waves that aren't mushy close outs can be hard to find. Dumpy close outs are actually pretty good cause you can punt one at least. Do you check the forecast buoys before said skunkings?

That said, surfed 4 days in a row last week. Swell hovered in the 6' range the entire time and some insanely glassy conditions at times. Was it good? Well not entirely. Doesn't seem to be a ton of sand bars right now at spots that would warrant good conditons. But one popular spot was pretty fun at the right tides and another was really good but you cant surf there.

Keep trying and pick up some other hobbies (not SUPing) cause thats about what surfing is for most of us around here.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby X-squid » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Sounds like we had a similar week last week then, MajLaz. Caught it two days in a row, Thursday evening being really fun. More peaks than people in the water at sunset.

In 6-8 weeks... too big for who? :lol:
Just another baka gaijin
X-squid
Ten barrel mullet

Postby pra_ggresion » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:06 pm

Oh shite, just deactivated my facebook account and lo-n-behold my old standby holds true. Basically FB was my source for talking shite and telling lies but I hope this forum will suffice just as well. Just to stir stuff up, how 'bout that photo kook up in Seaside? Had it coming or no?
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby Tex » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:49 am

Welcome back PRA....we kept this baby on life support and then X-Squid dropped a bomb of a video. That guy with his arm in the camera was pushing the line mighty hard and the local definitely came at the camera guy first. Problem is, everybody knows about the spot, we can watch that wave break all day long on the cam. Lost cause in terms of the local trying to keep the wave from being photographed.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

PreviousNext

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf