Change font size   Print view

Reclaiming my kookdom

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Reclaiming my kookdom

Postby Critter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:03 am

qball wrote:I check the surf report, but I'll probably go no matter what it says.

Damn right.
I spent 2 hours frolicking in the unsurfable shorebreak a few years ago with not a soul out, except the HOTTEST Russian woman EVER ! Who also didnt care what the surf report said. I get in my wetsuit and get wet if I drive over. Period. I love it that much. Surfable waves are but a bonus.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby qball » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I don't pearl very often anymore -- which just means I drag @ss out the back instead
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- 'WOW, what a ride!!!'"
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby Tex » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:34 am

I probably stop and stare at the last break shot from MC and then keep on walkin
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby qball » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:56 pm

I know one surfer by name who is a pretty good surfer and so -- by definition -- he is the best surfer I know.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- 'WOW, what a ride!!!'"
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby qball » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:52 pm

I don't worry about sharks
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby Betty » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Badass thread Qball. I likes. Almost makes me want to come back and participate in the banter.
The service here sucks.
Betty
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Postby Critter » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:58 am

I only have one Board in my quiver, but I dont care, I love that board, even when its not the right one.
I guess that means I simply have a quiv ?
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby qball » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:22 pm

I dream about what I will put on my next surfboard more than I do about its shape.
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby SooLoo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 pm

This seems more like your personal I don't know how to surf blog
SooLoo

Postby qball » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:05 pm

I don't know how to surf very well and I've decided I'm OK with that. Someday I'll learn or not. But it's fun when I get a chance.
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby qball » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Today I watched the final contest scene of "Blue Crush" with my 3-year-old daughter. She was worried when the chick got held down and hooting her on the big waves. It was awesome. This is now my favorite movie.
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby Bubalus » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:01 pm

qball wrote: I still provide the labor for their success
Bubalus
the surfing sahib

Postby qball » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:44 am

90 foot waves are awesome. I could do that someday.
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby qball » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:31 am

I dream of buying surf videos even though I really don't watch the ones I have.
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby qball » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:51 pm

surfing with my daughter on Christmas Day sounds like an awesome tradition for someday.
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

PreviousNext

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf