Change font size   Print view

Florida surf

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Florida surf

Postby qball » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Caught the tail-end of a swell in St. Augustine (swell being 2-foot and blown to hell). First surf in months. I sucked @ss, but damn it was nice to get in the water without first fighting my fat into a wetsuit. Had a dolphin surf 10 feet from my board. Nice.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- 'WOW, what a ride!!!'"
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Re: Florida surf

Postby smithgrind » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Nice claim, but Wilbur K. is the renowned king of Florida surf.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby qball » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Things really have changed around here if Wilbur has yet to comment on Florida surf.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- 'WOW, what a ride!!!'"
qball
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Thu May 31, 2012 9:33 pm

I miss Florida.
Then again, I miss surfing.
For some reason, I even moss some of you a-holes.

Q, if you are still on Florida....try taking off at an angle to the wave. Get up quick.
The way the waves break there you do not have the time/power to take off straight and take some block long bottom turn like you do in the Epicenter.

Peace out mofos.

Diablo
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf