Change font size   Print view

worst summer EVER!!

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

worst summer EVER!!

Postby grizldoldfk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:48 pm

just sayin'. in my twenty something years of trying to surf blown out freezing cold oregon summer crap, this one has by far and hands down been THE most worstest EVER. i know some of you might have a few trick secret spots that really pump on a 1 foot swell up your sleeve or you wanna say some dumb shix that everybody already knows like "dude, you gotta leave oregon in the summer!" well f*&% you. if i had known it would be FLATTT all summer, i just might have abandoned my family to grasp at hope in another far off land. but omg. this is oreegone. there is "always at least something..."
c'mon kooks. lets rant and commiserate together. i mean, you must admit that when you can't even ride a log...it is flat. i take this shix personally.
btw. this forum has really really gone flat too. i mean...it is weak!
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Re: worst summer EVER!!

Postby coalbank » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 am

The traffic here IS a total bummer. I don't help. moved from Coos bay to PDX a few years ago, had kids, don't surf more than 10 times a year these days. I used to rely on hardcore folks posting here to keep up my stoke. All that said, the fam is pointed at oceanside on Labor Day weekend. Anyone willing to coach me on breaks in that immediate vicinity (pm style of course).
that's the view from my mother in-law's kitchen...
coalbank
Mermaided

Postby Spent » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:40 pm

this is more like it!

2012 in general, has been my worst surf year since i started. almost stopped giving a shite...

golf! golf bros!
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby jgarding » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Dreaming of a strong ground swell. Looked at the NPAC WAM charts and the ol' Pacific is rather dormant at the moment.
On the up side been slaying the crab and fish from the wave runner. Griz, you can tell me I'm bragging by making a simple statement and we can start up that old rant again. Might be entertaining for everyone. I still don't clean up after my dog, you don't like it? Find another beach...Kooks. Dog Sh#t Happens. Bags don't help.
That might help this crappy forum, but I think the waves are doomed for a while.
jgarding
Plover Murderer

Postby Doc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:15 am

I am headed to Iowa on Sunday.
Quit your bitching.
Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby McDing » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:22 am

About three or four Sundays ago at SS. One foot. Didn't think I would catch anything. Caught about ten waves. Actually got in a hard turn on one instead of sliding an angle. Five or six cars showed up when we were leaving with four or five boards apiece. Don't know what they knew that we didn't. Town (PC) has been crappy. There were a couple of days on the low tides that were all right last week. Agate looked good last night. Strong offshores though. Guys were missing more than they were catching. Been sick the last few days, but I'll probably check it in the AM. Pretty pathetic overall.
McDing
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Bubalus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:30 pm

It will happen... deep breath.
Summer sucks, no surprise.
Bubalus
the surfing sahib

Postby erzats » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Hmmmm. it's hard to surf from Victoria in the summer. Have to drive 5 hours to get waves in Tofino or cross the strait and pay through the nose. But, I've surfed and mostly on weekends. Last weekend was pretty damn fun in particular. Small Saturday, some swell Sunday, then some more but junky swell yesterday. But, that felt like riding real waves which I like.

In the mean time i've been running a lot. getting ready for my second half marathon in October. Yew. Looking to pick some berries and ring in fall for reals.

just re-upped my password here. Maybe I'll post more. Or maybe I'll wank my blog more. Who knows.

Wilbur Kookmeyer is an idiot BTW ;-)
erzats
core!

Postby nm » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 am

thank you, Griz. seriously. now i don't feel so bad that i no longer surf. less than a handful of surfs for me in 2012....so far. my new designated roll in life.....pool-deck mother.
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby smithgrind » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 am

I agree. My most memorable summer session was a 2 ft. swell at third creek on the 9'4" sans booties. A bunch of beers with a surprise Sooloo showing...it coulda been malibu that day. It's the only thing that's kept me from slitting my wrists and laying in a tub of warm water this summer.

It's been that shittie!
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby smithgrind » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:34 am

erzats wrote:Wilbur Kookmeyer is an idiot BTW ;-)

I see you've been on facebook.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby SlimVest » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah, pretty bummer summer. Good to know someone is saying "ever"...next July will pump for sure.

I'm remembering a couple choice days though.
SlimVest
baitfish expert

Postby wanty » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 am

i dont know what yall are talking about. its been pumping and i have been shredding it!
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Spent » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:08 am

i lowered my already meagre standards and had some fun ones recently. it required getting in the water at dawn and hiding from holddown but i got some surfing done. looks like the north pac is forecast to awaken a tad soon...
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Doc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Chicago was pretty flat today

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Next

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf