Change font size   Print view

The toughest question I could not ever answer....

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

The toughest question I could not ever answer....

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Okay Sports Fans....

Marriage has been good to me. Like a true Taurus I find my feet planted and I am happy. Too happy maybe. Happiness is a close relative of lazy. So the satiated soul has enjoyed it's carb loaded coma, and in all honesty, it all could have slipped away from me forever.

All of it.

The anguish.
The stoke.
The hoping.
The crushing reality.
And those nuggets of true understanding of which we cannot describe, or quite tangibly remember to a point of understanding any more than that we simply must taste it again.

Easily. I could have let it all slide. I mean really, what did I have to prove anymore anyway? Solid friends, great adventures, a woman who keeps me honest and loves me like no other. A warm house. A grown daughter. A solid job. Fishing, hunting, motorcycling. What did I have left to reach for? What could ever strike a hunger for anything more than I have now, or have known?

It was so close to dude. I mean really close. Hell, the path of least resistance was so close I could taste it, and it had sprinkles on it too.

Then it happened.

The Question was levered to me so comfortably, like two guys chatting at the pisser. Matter of fact, that is exactly what it was like. I am standing there draining the main vein and looking forward to the extra shake when he walks up to the urnial, and so casually questions over the partition.... "So you still surfing dude, or are you done with that now?"

Good God.

What a question.

It set me into a spin that rivals that effect you see in movies where the camera focuses in and the hallway drops away. Disorienting. Confusing. My hoofs, er...feet were no longer planted so firmly as they had been.

I mean f@#K me. This was no idle bathroom chat. This was THE question of all questions.

Later I stood in my garage and stared at my Con in the rafters. Having sold off the butter stick a few years ago, the Con patiently waited for me to find it again. Adn there it was. In the corner a brand new wetsuit hung unused. On the shelf was my Dakine sack.

I wrestled with it all for a long time. And some time later I found myself looking at these lonely symbols once again. I decided my Dakine sack has sat on the shelf too long.

I took my sack back and knocked the dust off of it. I layed it out for all to see, and aired it out. I took inventory of my gear and found that it was all in great shape. Problem was/is....I no longer was. I knew it was time to get things back in order.

So that is where I am now.

Six pounds down from my heaviest weight I have ever known. And headed in the right direction.

Luckily for me, the only thing crappier than summer surf in Oregon is winter surf in Oregon, so time is on my side.

I will return soon enough, and I can't hardly wait.

I can't say that I will be able to breathe any life into the corpse of a forum, however I will contribute where I can.

And by the way, f@#K you if you think you are going to trample on my 2nd amendment rights....

Just sayin...
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Re: The toughest question I could not ever answer....

Postby SooLoo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:58 am

Sell your crappy board and wetsuit and gain the final seven pounds by eating the second amendment and a bag of dicks. Happy 2013 kook
SooLoo

Postby Tex » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am

....reporting live from the OSP, we have a pulse, a blip, a sign of life. Please God, dont let anybody let this f@#K this one up.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby scubetubeular » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 pm

What size is your like new wetsuit? I'm in the market. Even if your dakine sack has been tea bagging it all winter.

I sold off all but two of my boards. One long and one short and fat. Depending on my mood, and her mood.. I like to cram one of these fukers right up in that tight pocket and maybe even get a little extra frothy on my take off. Both are real fast down the line. My short fat one is more squirrelly though. The long one just likes to go hard and fast straight down the line. At this point in my life I'm having fun either way. My horniness for perfection has subsided. I take what I can get and enjoy the ride. AND when I'm all finished and cleaned up, I enjoy a beer and a cigy and reflect on giving it my all and what I thought was a real proper satisfying session . I smile and take a deep breath. As I exhale I look out and see that bitch begging for more. Never ever satisfied. Women I tell ya.
scubetubeular
over the falls, a way of life

Postby Critter » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 pm

About damn time Wilbur...so just to make it real, what is the heaviest you have ever been and what is your expectation for a good weight. BTW Im in the same boat I should be 160lb. last several years I just coasted in WTFville. Been pissed, fedup, and over most people, and most things. My angry body got fat. I dont like my angry body. I have lost 10 lbs this last month. Eating every few hours. I make a huge frothy vat of Quinoa, with leeks, celery cabbage Broc and any type of lean meat. Feed on it for a few days, repeat. Eat every few hours. I weigh 200 lbs and I feel like a cardboard box full of dog shite and flys. Doing something about it now. Being a bloated charicature of oneself is no fun, not even a little.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter

Postby SooLoo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Tex wrote:....reporting live from the OSP, we have a pulse, a blip, a sign of life. Please God, dont let anybody let this f@#K this one up.

Critter is trying his best.
Take that $hit to Jenny Craig bro we don't care.
SooLoo

Postby smithgrind » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:53 am

Wilbur Kookmeyer wrote:Luckily for me, the only thing crappier than summer surf in Oregon is winter surf in Oregon, so time is on my side.
Just sayin...

Not only have you gone soft in body but your brain has turned to mush as well. There has been good surf this winter...then again, why would you know?
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby SooLoo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Crickets.....
SooLoo

Postby smithgrind » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Critter wrote: My angry body got fat. I dont like my angry body. I weigh 200 lbs and I feel like a cardboard box full of dog shite and flys. Being a bloated charicature of oneself is no fun, not even a little.

Crickets indeed! How can one follow up true angst as experienced by Critter? WK phoned his shite in. :oops:
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby SooLoo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:49 am

Thanks for trying WK. Five years ago there would have been a line around the block to knock that weak @ss lay up into the nose bleeds. This page is similar to a dog that can no longer get into the truck and is shitting itself. A short hike a bullet and a shovel are the tools for this operation.
SooLoo

Postby Critter » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:27 am

gawddamit its actually nice to feel abused here again.
Wilburn you started this. So winch your fat @ss off the couch and come bless us all with your thoughts...
btw those were actaully Crotch Crickets you heard... yeah my crotch been so long since I got lucky I forgot how many titties I should expect. :shock:
Critter

Postby bluesilver » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Hey Wilbur, Keep buying those heavy assault rifles and large magazines you need to feel like a man. In the mean time your daughters gotta watch her back from the other people her age that want to kill her just because they can.

Only a loser imagines they need heavy weapons to protect themselves from something that's never going to happen. It takes a real man to be able to tick their wiener away and accept whats best for the future of our kids.

Get over it and maybe meet some other people in the world and escape the imaginary world you've created for yourself you putz.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Critter » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 am

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

My English friend never misses an opportunity to remind me that I am REBEL SCUM! decended from rebel scum.
That Limey basturd is right and I am proud of it too. Countries foundations were laid by some folks who knew a thing or two about human nature. Ill keep the guns thank you very much.
Critter

Postby bluesilver » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am

Critter wrote:"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

My English friend never misses an opportunity to remind me that I am REBEL SCUM! decended from rebel scum.
That Limey basturd is right and I am proud of it too. Countries foundations were laid by some folks who knew a thing or two about human nature. Ill keep the guns thank you very much.

I'll be keeping mine as well. You know Missile Launchers are arms right? RPGs? Hand grenades. Doesn't mean you should have them. Assault rifles are killing our children, not protecting you from the trough of fear you feed on that brainwashes you into thinking your government is coming to make you a cola miner or windmill operator against your will.

I love assault rifles, they are fun! I sport shoot them now and then when I'm out camping with freinds. But I can hit a target with a hunting rifle or a handgun. I don't need to be able to lay down 30 rounds in a few seconds. I'm not paranoid and I don't let the serious crazies get me worked up by their illogical freaking out. A civil war is not coming for us in our lifetime.

Sounds more like gluttony in the form of want rather than rational need. Not to mention senseless.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 pm

bluesliver, you piss me off. Not because of your lame diatribe concerning my manhood and it's perceived relationship to forearms, or even your gross misunderstanding of what my true stance is, or even your ignorant support of tyranical oppression, but moreover your avatar pisses me off.

That freakin hotdog is going to haunt me you sick f@#K.
Down another 6 lbs this last week.
But that shite comes at a cost.

A cost of ordering a garden burger wrapped in lettuce instead of the double patty cheeseburger with the egg on it.
I just got back from Cali and did not even go into In-n-Out.

You know how hard that is to do?

And I come here and see not just the usual kooks seeking validation, or smithers speaking in tongues as usual, or that fat kook SoLost, and some (more) random crap from critter, but no... here is this happy freakin hotdog staring at me.

Screw you. And screw that wonderfully nitrite rich avatar you brought with you....
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Next

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf