Change font size   Print view

droppin lines

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

droppin lines

Postby oceansider » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 am

When I first started lurking this place I was in high school. I was stoked for the daily reports, the stories, the drama, and the rants. It was the sickest "soap opera" a teen who loved surfing and skating could ask for. It was/is local! I created my account freshman year at Oregon State. I never did post much, just here and there this and that. Made a longboarding (skate) video yall seemed to like. Guy on here, maybe it was fish?..?..explained how my buddies and I could hop on that eastbound train to Newport from OSU with the boards for a free hitch since we were all broke and car-less, sketchy as heck but ill never forget riding that thing quite a few times to and fro.

Missed all winter surf recovering from a hill bombing injury. I'm 26. Have the house, the dog, a job and a 4wd. Went to tend the quiver that has been sitting since November and for some reason I thought about all of the older stories, good and bad times this place has seen. Maybe its all of the chemicals Ive inhaled doing some pretty large repairs or the 12 pack speaking but man, everyone is right about this forum. It's gone. This is the only forum Ive ever subscribed to. Is there somthing I'm missing? have people moved to another local surfing forum or something? Anyways I got the green light to surf. I'm heading to a place Ive tried to get you kooks to surf for a long time. South bar Netarts bay. Hope to get back in the bi monthly grind.

PS... I'm sauced and rambled hard. Really just miss surfing and am stoked to get to do it again. I wish you all the best.

stay salty my freinds
Surf the OC...............Oregon Coast of course!
oceansider
I wax the bottom of my board

Re: droppin lines

Postby Doc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:57 am

Bring it back bro...

Helps if people actually post the stupid BS they engage in regardless of the abuse they receive.

I surfed in the Oregon coast wind tunnel on Tuesday.

Charged hard on the solid knee high lefts before the north wind blew my 10'6" south over my head.

I don't check the forum as much as I used to or update my blog either...not enough response for either

And don't have a deskjob anymore either

And don't work on the coast anymore either.

That's my story...still surf quite a bit.

Things change bro

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Spent » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:31 am

I never got my formal invite to the South Bar of NB...

I think I remember your longboard spill, Oceansider. I hope you've started proper skateboarding in your old age.

great post though...
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby wanty » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 pm

there has been some disregard here and there towards "locals", who generally despise this place and its inhabitants and therefore inhibit our expression of surf love.. Theres a fine line between talkin surf and outing spots or whatever. Some peeps are a bit uptight, but if we all remember to keep your spots discreet, except for the general uber popular spots its all good.

thats my ramble..spent call me lets surf soon.

oceanside, welcome back!
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Spent » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:45 pm

PM me your digits wanty. the locals made me erase all my OSP contacts.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby bluesilver » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:23 pm

I've been busy and out of the surfing loop, but I'm making a comeback this year.
I don't care much for the board, the surf cams are what I'm interested in.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby scubetubeular » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Hahaha, This page is still trying to pull that "Don't Name Spots" shite? Good lawd. Google maps, surfline, facebook, Instagram, etc etc. all name dropping spots all day long. People publicly bragging to the whole social media world that they scored such and such and here we are on the OSP still playing copy police on dropping names. Fukkk who's cares at this point. If you are dumb enough to drop a name of your said "secret spot" then be smart enough to realize folks might start showing up more to check it out. Oregon isn't a treasured gem still yet to be fully discovered. It's hit the fullshit fan. The surf sucks here 80% of the time and it's cold and sharky too. I've surfed here for 25 years and I can't think of spot I would give 2 shits about trying to protect the name of . . . Mostly because the sand bars will be gone in 2 days or the tide will effe it up in 45 min. and then on down the beach looking for the next wave.
scubetubeular
over the falls, a way of life

Postby Tex » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 pm

A-freakin-MEN Scube!!!!!!
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby RXXL » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Are any of you guys in the southern part of the state today ....
RXXL
the surfing sahib

Postby Critter » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 am

Oceansider I lived on 6th between Harrison and Vanburen 96-99. The sketchy express as you know runs down the middle of the street there :)
Yeah I miss the way this place was. When Fish was ready to bail he had me come up to Portland and take his fishy buddies. He ended up giving me a bunch of cool aquarium gear as well. My dog Caliente loved him from the first minute she met him, THAT was telling, she did not love many people. Fish was in many ways more than a person he was a catalyst. He brought this place together and made it real. I felt it when I met him, and I am sure others did too. Was a sad day saying goodbye to him.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby oceansider » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:11 pm

DOC. you ROCK.
loved
the
suspense
in
all
of
the
post's.
-Critter, that's deep. Sounds like he was doing it right yah know?
It is very nice to see that you guys still cruise this place. Got worked so very badly yesterday. It was epicly wrong in so many ways. Stared at it for and hour from the bluff. See that place holds in big stuff. It was working HARD. Death status line up, still blind from the spray blasting from the north. Lots of sand that bay has changed, very shallow and almost suicide. I am verrrry rusty, in shape but alignment, balance, mind was not back to par and I should not have been near the coast. Missed 4 back to back drops. Shear death. Walked away with 2 waves that reminded me why I'm in love with the water. My buddy, Collin pulled his leash plug out 30 minutes into the "positioning" stage and called it quits after almost losing his gun to the outgoing mouth. It was so wrong but right. Committed and made it happen. Caught a nice springer on the drive back! Truly hope this place can bounce back, good comments good people.
oceansider

Postby oceansider » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:39 pm

ps...I hit 100 post's, do I get a tee shirt or somthing??!!!
oceansider

Postby bluesilver » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Just a slap on the @ss and a "congratulations"
See Wilbur about your spankin'
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf