Change font size   Print view

purchases made, need to say....

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: purchases made, need to say....

Postby waterfowl » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 pm

noparking wrote:That's a damn good looking board, keep us posted on how it rides. All his boards look amazing.

Well I'm a horrible judge- just getting back into this after a lay-off of nearly three decades! I had never ridden a long board in my life before this. I catch about 8 green waves each time I go out before I'm completely exhausted ha ha, and I've only gone left! Having a little trouble with the pop-up and finding myself needing to break some new bad habits right away. For some reason my body won't do what it's supposed to and doesn't weigh what it used to?? :D Having so much fun though
waterfowl
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby Tex » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:55 am

Yup...heading down to LA tomorrow to snag it....hopefully some fall swell will be percolating down there =)
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby waterfowl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:34 am

Tex wrote:Yup...heading down to LA tomorrow to snag it....hopefully some fall swell will be percolating down there =)

Good luck- let us know !!!
waterfowl
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby Tex » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 pm

All I can say is wow...this board is 7 inches longer than what I usually ride. It is also wider but interestingly lighter than some of my shorter boards.

It got me into waves a lot earlier than I am used to and then of course, much more face time. Stomping on the pin tail allowed me to make some really tight turns.

Wayne you crushed it with this stick bro.
Tex

Postby Tex » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Some design detail from the Master on my Mini Pynzer in case anyone is interested:

One thing I was really impressed with was how lite the board is.

I noted the very tip of the tail is actually a bit thicker…is that a style thing or does it have function as well…I like it a lot either way.

"I use US Blanks red density, it has a different composition then the blue, green, density. The unique character is that it's a harder foam but lighter then the green, blue density, the down side is it's alot harder to shape.

The thicker tip help the tail keep it's floatation but still have tons of bite with the narrow and pointed tip, which actually functions like a center fin along with the channels it allow alot of squirt with tons of control.."
Tex

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf