Change font size   Print view

PC Skate Park

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: PC Skate Park

Postby Spent » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:54 am

Major Lazer wrote:Masterbates took the $ and moved to Byron.

Weird comment. Bates has been living his dream far far away for a long time now.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:37 am

Well that's just fine and dandy and maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but assuming some of us who were in the know get this here....... What's weird is the fundraising effort dates back to his involvement and that era and still no skate park? :roll:
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Spent » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:32 pm

I don't think he was involved in any skatepark fundraising. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm presuming you were joking when you accused him of taking money from the community?

I'd say he's doing a pretty damn good job of living his dream by the looks of it and getting significant recognition for it.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby McDing » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:23 pm

My apologies for the shite talk. Spent and that guy with the unicorn avatar can’t help themselves and I really should know better. I’ll be long gone and there will be no skate park. Worse yet “You” (speaking in the plural) will be gone as well and still No Skate PARK. AND Bryan Bates has never really had anything to do with it. He is living the dream and probably would never consider coming back to this little drinking village with a fishing problem. It was publicized in advertisements (posters, flyers et) that proceeds would go to the Moments Surf Team AND the Skate Park. My question would be; How much to each $$? And I didn’t know that Moments Surf Shop and The Moments Surf Team had tax exempt status.
McDing
Am I addicted to this?

Postby smithgrind » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:41 pm

McDing wrote:My apologies for the shite talk. Spent and that guy with the unicorn avatar can’t help themselves and I really should know better. I’ll be long gone and there will be no skate park. Worse yet “You” (speaking in the plural) will be gone as well and still No Skate PARK.

No apology necessary, McD but I find it heartwarming that you felt compelled to issue one...not really your style.
I think Spent and I share a chuckle about the PC skatepark situation because it's been going on for so long and
little has happened besides the ongoing effort to collect funds for it through somewhat dubious channels. I think you're
right, I doubt we will see a park in PC in my lifetime but I'm a skeptic by nature. Like you, I am mildly curious as to where
the money ear marked for the park has been collecting dust for past decade or so... :roll:
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:22 am

McDing wrote: little drinking village with a fishing problem.

Was thinking some of the $ in the early days ended up at the Sportsman :roll:
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby McDing » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:55 am

Don’t know if you guys have heard; but you all are going to be riding a Shuttle Bus from the boat launch way south of the Cape to the Parking lot. With your boards, wetsuits, dogs, ice chest etc in the near future. Thank you Commissioner Yama-motor. Luckily driving and parking on the beach is not regulated by Tillamook County. Check out the recent issue of the Pacific City Sun for more info. If they need more parking; Why not change plans and make the community park and skate park a parking lot. The shortage of parking wouldn’t be so bad had the County required adequate parking of the Cape Mafia when they enlarged the Brewery and built all that other shite on the Cape. Instead they overflow into the County lot. Public Parking for private Business. I’m not any good at links, but I’ll see if there is an online version of the Sun article. They always have these meeting during the day time so that normal working people don’t know what’s going on until it’s too late.
McDing
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Howly Wolf » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:43 am

https://issuu.com/pacificcitysun/docs/_ ... 9_web/4?ff

Got you covered, McDing. You forgot the part about hiring more cops, including a deputized parking attendant (ha!) as well as the half baked plan to exempt dorymen from the proposed parking fee.

What a mess.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:17 am

This one deserves its own thread....... Skate Park thread is dead until well next September. :lol:
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby McDing » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Thank you Wolf and Major. It may be half baked, but I guarantee you the “Kiwanda Mafia” ant YamaMotor are deadly serious.
McDing
Am I addicted to this?

Postby McDing » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:28 pm

Well it’s been awhile and I was wondering; What’s up with the PC Skater Park. Googled it and found nada. I’ve got a hunch, but not for sure.
McDing
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:34 pm

Walk over and look.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:27 am

McDing wrote:Well it’s been awhile and I was wondering; What’s up with the PC Skater Park. Googled it and found nada. I’ve got a hunch, but not for sure.

Which grain of beach sand have you been living under for the past year?
Phase 2 of the skatepark was completed months ago.
smithgrind
greystoke

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf