Change font size   Print view

Corvallis Surfers

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Corvallis Surfers

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:30 pm

What's it like.....? Know most the closest breaks pretty well, but now that the HWY 20 project has been completed it must be a 40 minute commute from downtown?

Looking at a potential job opp, which may eventually allow me to live in Newport and and commute a few days a week to Corvallis, but that wouldn't be until Summer.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Re: Corvallis Surfers

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:02 pm

No replies guess that's a good sign. Apparently no surf shops another good sign. And the town hasn't changed much since my last real visit over 15 years ago. There's even an Allan Bros coffee shop! Still feels like small town Oregon! Oh and 45 minutes to Newport with little to no traffic to deal with. Makes the PDX commute seem like a shitt show.... oh wait it is. :lol:
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:06 am

Just came across this post....one of my best friends moved down there and works for the local utility. He loves it down there...the commute to good generally uncrowded surf is sick...probably the only town in Oregon I would move to from PDX.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks. Wife didn't really want to move, so I had to no-go. Bummer bec I have heard the same and a lot of good things about the community there.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf