Change font size   Print view

LifeGuard

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

LifeGuard

Postby Critter » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Haven't surfed in a few years. Out of shape, fatasssss would like one of you jaded and insolent swine as a surf buddy. Going to be house sitting in Newport until May 5th. Would be worth some laughs to see me flounder like bloated Cormorant in an oil spill. What kind of lube should I use on my booties? I doubt I can put them on without having some kind of seizure.

Sincerely sincere,

Critter
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Re: LifeGuard

Postby Spent » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:13 pm

I'll come down and play. We can zip each other up?
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Critter » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:39 am

Spent, my zipper is super crusty you may have to tug repeatedly to get it up. I start over there Monday 17th, there until the 5th of May. No responsibilities other than the dog that comes with the job. No schedule, just going to move my @ss all day every day, eat well, and not drink.
Critter

Postby bluesilver » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 am

Not drink????!
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Newport was almost my new go to. Woulda been 55 minutes from there. Cruised through while visiting Corvy where I had job opp. Nothings changed in Newps lived just south 20 years ago for a few years. Still kind of a sh#$t hole along the 101, but you gotta poke around. NW winds where nuking. Agate was closed out and small. Took my daughter out. Spiffy new path down to the beach there. Noticed a lot of erosion.

Anyways next morning was offshore checked another spot, looked decent but 100's of sealions rafting up and down the beach. No bueno. :shock: Doubt I'll go back anytime soon. Way to far to drive. Stupid fuking traffic these days leaving and coming back to metro area.

Water felt warmer than it has been when I surfed last week if that's any consolation. Get it while you can buddy.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby X-squid » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 am

Critter wrote:Spent, my zipper is super crusty you may have to tug repeatedly to get it up.

Your zipper, eh?
Just another baka gaijin
X-squid
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Critter » Sat May 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Well 3 weeks and I am back to the valley. Tried to pm you spent, for contact info, but your pm function is blocked. Caught one really good day and learned very quickly I had no business out there. Managed to stay out of others way and enjoyed watching some nice rides from up close. Made it back in without losing all traces of my dignity. Lost some weight, walked miles of beach with a cool dog. Wore out my buddies Netflix account :lol: Now its time to start paddling the N. Santiam near my dads house get back in surf trim. Maybe see some of you out there in the future.
Critter

Postby Tex » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:50 pm

I was going to head out tonight but got stuck on a three hour conference call. Have not surfed since effing June.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Spent » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Critter wrote:Well 3 weeks and I am back to the valley. Tried to pm you spent, for contact info, but your pm function is blocked. Caught one really good day and learned very quickly I had no business out there. Managed to stay out of others way and enjoyed watching some nice rides from up close. Made it back in without losing all traces of my dignity. Lost some weight, walked miles of beach with a cool dog. Wore out my buddies Netflix account :lol: Now its time to start paddling the N. Santiam near my dads house get back in surf trim. Maybe see some of you out there in the future.

:cry:
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:54 am

Tex wrote:I was going to head out tonight but got stuck on a three hour conference call. Have not surfed since effing June.

You haven't missed anything.... flat and windy up in till last week apparently. A little swell but junky, windy, and fairly closed out is what I have heard since then.

Scored more waves (point and reef waves!) in New England last week then I have all summer here. In boardies too! 8)
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby X-squid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Friday at SS was as good as it ever gets - shoulder high, not too many out.
Just another baka gaijin
X-squid
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Tex » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Surf in New England.....that sounds like a cool adventure.
How big was the swell?
Tex

Postby Tex » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm

X-Squid...glad you got some at SS!
Tex

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf