Change font size   Print view

Foilboards in OR

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Foilboards in OR

Postby Tex » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 am

Ok...so I am wondering if anyone has seen one of these boards in the lineup yet?
Also, anyone out there planning on riding foilboards this winter?

I would hate to be behind a foilboarder who had to ditch the board trying to get outside....figure that would most likely kill someone.

Thoughts?
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Re: Foilboards in OR

Postby Spent » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:54 am

Yes, I surfed with one in the line up a couple of months back. Look horrible. Like supping- there's a time and a place... not sure why these dudes don't take it to other spots away from people. take advantage of what its capable of away from the rest of us who just want to get a few...
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Tex » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:50 am

I watched a SUP'er go yard sale on Friday...plus a broken leash. Those also scare the shite out of me with people that dont really know what they are doing.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Spent » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:17 am

Yakkers and suppers were hogging the sets Friday for sure... Was at the point of just going to drop in and deal with the consequences. You don't get to have every set wave, friend....
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby pra_ggresion » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Recently been seeing these. SUP's have on occasion been extremely nerve racking because of the operator. More often than not they seem to get the idea of their place in the dynamic though. These foils seem to be inspiring them to relive their halcyon days of complete cluelessness. Getting hit by one of those would end you. Not a fan of them on water under 10 fathoms.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf