Change font size   Print view

Inmates Running the Asylum

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Inmates Running the Asylum

Postby Tex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Thats weird, we always just called that place Mushies....
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby pra_ggresion » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:33 pm

smithgrind wrote:[quote="pra_ggresion]What about Leech Lane? Now that spot is epic. More people should surf there.[/quote]
We got hassled there by a "resident" while hanging out next to our car. It was either the best joke or a sign
of a head injury. He said he didn't want it to turn into a seaside situation :lol:[/quote]

Hahaha, brain injury for sure. Resident=staying at his mom's investment beach house.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby wyosurf » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:37 am

you know where is good in the winter.... under the bridge
oh and don't forget depot bay
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
--Lucius Annaeus Seneca
wyosurf
I've got Daddy issues

Postby pra_ggresion » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:30 am

wyosurf wrote:you know where is good in the winter.... under the bridge

Hey, Central Coast is not allowed :evil: Bridge kinda worked yesterday. There was about twenty people on it. Only two longboarders and a janitor actually rode any. I've never been able to motivate to surf that wave over the last three years. I opted to just go watch the swell do it's thing. I think I saw the biggest waves I've ever seen in real life. You look at the nearshore charts and imagine all those outer reefs might break someday. Yesterday they were. It was surreal. Depot Bay, South Point in particular was a treat to watch. Highly recommend barging through a vacation rental yard to go watch it.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby Spent » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:34 am

pra_ggresion wrote:
wyosurf wrote:you know where is good in the winter.... under the bridge

Hey, Central Coast is not allowed :evil: Bridge kinda worked yesterday. There was about twenty people on it. Only two longboarders and a janitor actually rode any. I've never been able to motivate to surf that wave over the last three years. I opted to just go watch the swell do it's thing. I think I saw the biggest waves I've ever seen in real life. You look at the nearshore charts and imagine all those outer reefs might break someday. Yesterday they were. It was surreal. Depot Bay, South Point in particular was a treat to watch. Highly recommend barging through a vacation rental yard to go watch it.

Any Red Bull logos buzzing around on Jet Skis?
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby pra_ggresion » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:49 pm

I don't know about Nelscott, but nothing anywhere else. All the pro's must've had better fish to fry.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby Tex » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Pra...there are literally like 5 of us using this old run down message board. I think we even managed to scare off BOX.
Does it really matter anymore if we spot name on this forum?
Tex

Postby pra_ggresion » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Shoot, there's spots I won't even chance telling my wife about. No worries talking about the main stuff, Southbeach, Otter, or Agate. Moolack, Beverly, Bayshore, Punta Chucha, The Box, Seal Rock, go ahead and good luck getting them. Else, you didn't hear it from me. Well, probably wouldn't talk about the Box while it was currently working unless it lasted for more than two weeks.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby BOX » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm still here :D

Was out of town Thanksgiving so had no time in the water. Now back at work this week trying to catch up, so haven't had much time to pop online and check in. Hope you all are doing well.

I'm too new to know any secret spots and most likely not skilled enough to handle them if I did...
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Instabrag by far outweighs the OSP and is a great tool for gathering intel esp with combined local knowledge. South Beach was pretty easy to score this Fall. Had several fun days there. But was surprised how many heads were on it thou, on a Mon. Good to see George and Greg still on it. Used to be one of my go to's back in 97-98. Scored another one of my fickle go to's all time. And I mean all time... 100 yard leg burners & 7 Sister Baja esque and was glad to see it relativity uncrowded sans some seasiders who had the same idea we did. Go figure. Central coast (been there done that) is a fickle pickle and tough existence if surf is your life. Mix in other activities, fishin, huntin, and meth (JK) and it's not to bad. :lol:
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby pra_ggresion » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 am

Central coast (been there done that) is a fickle pickle and tough existence if surf is your life. Mix in other activities, fishin, huntin, and meth (JK) and it's not to bad. :lol:

That's the truth. Still gotta drive a ways to get the good stuff. In the meantime there's pretty much always something at least once per week. Love being able to walk down to the Bayfront and throwing in a crab pot while tending a 3-pack. Then their's mushroom hunting, spearing, kayaking the hundreds of sloughs and rivers. Love it.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby Major Lazer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:51 am

Yeah love and do all that stuff too sans spearing, done a lot of that elsewhere but never here. Need to give it a shot! Seen more and more heads doing it at one of my locals over the years. Speaking of.... read about that GW attack in Montery spooky!

Another factor that kept me stoked was my forestry job laid me off from Xmas to about late March, so would send it to Baja in my 89 Toyota XtraCab and dirt bag and surf and fish my brains out for a few months.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby pra_ggresion » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcORA9LA4ET/?taken-by=richardhallman_photo
richardhallman_photo@paigealms.../ BTW: For those that think posting this is a spoiler alert to keep the place a secret? Well I have some bad news for you - it’s been well documented spot by many over the past 10 years or more + a book by the founder of the spot and its namesake in addition / can’t move backward in the space time continuum, but some people just like living in the past I guess...

I was stoked to see this photo and even more so that it was a woman charging it. Not too stoked on the reproachful pedantry in the post. Like if you think it's a potential issue then why stoke the flame, especially when you're a guest in someone else's neck of the wood? Would it have detracted from the photo at all to just put something like "Nelscott", "Oregon", "Coldwater", "PNW" or something like that? It's just a matter of etiquette and good form imo. Where does this out-of-towner get off telling residents how they should feel about how he documents where they live? Shoot I posted photos of the place on insta. Just wrote "Spot 2." Not like I'm afraid a crowd is going to pop up, just someone out there might not appreciate undue scrutiny by the collective consciousness, so why draw a map.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby Tex » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 pm

but everybody already knows about it.....it isnt a secret spot....I honestly dont understand the big deal about naming that place in the instagram post. I wonder how many "first timers" saw that pic and decided right then, right there, YEP! Hitting that this weekend for sure!
Tex

Postby pra_ggresion » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 am

Tex wrote:but everybody already knows about it.....it isnt a secret spot....I honestly dont understand the big deal about naming that place in the instagram post. I wonder how many "first timers" saw that pic and decided right then, right there, YEP! Hitting that this weekend for sure!

It's not that it's a secret spot, it's that this surf paparazzi guy is telling us how it is. Ton's of places all over the world presently that aren't even close to secret but it's a matter of decorum for how they're presented. I would've at most gave a shrug that he geotagged it on his instagram cause like you say, it's not a secret and not exactly begging to be surfed but not exactly carrying a respectful tone that a surfing guest should maintain. Just another rich white Californian showing up and helping himself to Oregon resources and telling us we should be thankful for it. Again, not about keeping it secret.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

PreviousNext

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf