Change font size   Print view

Tail

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Tail

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:12 am

smithgrind wrote:I have a twin keel, swallow tail, SD-guru shaped fish that I been loving on for over a decade.

Why have have ya been trying to sell it the last 3 years? That board, pretty sure it was yours, was on CL longer than any board I've seen. Cant believe some NoPo hipster didn't scoup it.

I have a beaut of a twin keel from another legendary SD shaper that I just fixed for buddy. I've ridden it before. A little over sized, but fun on long lined up front side walls. Not so great on the back side. Trackey and weird. He's letting me hold on to it, but haven't really had the opportunity wave wise to surf it.

Performance twin would be interesting with an MR set up and tuned trailer. Don't surf enough to warrant it though. Sticking to my one magic board for now, which has 5 fin boxes. I have the same thoughts as Spent. Thruster for pockety vert surfing. Quad for racey walls and/or section making or waves with more face vs vert. Also prefer quad backside. I can get a line off the drop I just cant get with thuster. Fletcher 4 was the best dedicated and prob quad I've ever owned, but that board is long gone getting surfed at some point break in RI.
Last edited by Major Lazer on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Major Lazer wrote:
smithgrind wrote:I have a twin keel, swallow tail, SD-guru shaped fish that I been loving on for over a decade.

Why have have ya been trying to sell it the last 3 years? That board, pretty sure it was yours, was on CL longer than any board I've seen. Cant believe some NoPo hipster didn't scoup it.

Not me.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Ah OK there was a Christensen twin on there for a while or shitt maybe it was a quad not that I think about it.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:02 pm

It was a quad with lock boxes, I checked it out. The guy wasn't that motivated to sell it, hence
it sat on CL for a looong time.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Rode twin keel mentioned above last Fri. Spent 1st session in less than ideal waves figuring it out. Made the so so waves more challenging and session more interesting. Had some size so quick drops with little rocker sometimes resulted in peal jamming :oops: Remembered to push hard on back foot for flat landing bottom turns on those. Fast as a lark once rail and the line was set and plane-ed through wonky front side sections with ease. Backside felt trackey but there was enough time to get the board around and set line. 2nd session waves sorted themselves out. Racey rights and long lined up lefts. Figured out that when my back foot was in the right spot, probably right over fins, it bottomed turned backside much better. Fast and fun. Think I'll try it again soon.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf