Change font size   Print view

February Fresh Sesh Report

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: February Fresh Sesh Report

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:05 am

Been surfing the Instagram haha..... looked damn good last week maybe Tues?

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/7c4d8b5bd09069e912062500e20162c5/5B07FC2B/t51.2885-15/e35/27891810_415796642181894_4434901569636401152_n.jpg

Moment Surf Co claims this is George Washington :lol:
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby pra_ggresion » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Can't even remember that far back to last Tuesday. Isn't Gaz the site admin here or is he banned for being associated with Moment?

Today was payoff for constantly getting skunked the whole week thinking the forecast would deliver what it said it would deliver. Also, paddling out has been tinted with icy wind colored glasses. So finally, to avail, today delivered. Webcam spot looked good on video but kinda boring in real life. Gonna have to give it the Red Ryder treatment again. Non-Webcams was closed out but was showing enough power to tube. Went back and forth twice to verify a decision. As the tide filled in, the peak narrowed and ended up getting around 10 cranking good waves among a few others and only one hike. Sun was out, glassy, giant seal floats 30 strong to make it interesting. By the end it wasn't barreling but head and half perfect ramps. Hard to describe how a wonky underlying windswell seemed to be riding a legit groundswell making it really consistent but peaks all over the place. Best strategy was to just stay in place until one came. Oh yeah, last wave was the biggest and best one. After it sectioned, went to bellyride that brought me all the way in to a deft unleash while letting the remaining oomph cantilever me upright. Felt like James Bond.

Gonna head north to Astoria for Fisher Poets. Had a good time during years past. Hopefully score up there too.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby Major Lazer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 am

Wow what a difference 24 hours can make..... total junk show out there Sat 2/24 and no love (again) for the weekend warrior. Feb looks like another bust for me and March is typically a confused month for wind.

Keep your eyes posted for some good boards and newish suits on CL. Think I'm gonna invest in a new office chair. One of those expensive ergonomic ones.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:53 pm

LOL....man that was funny. I am moving to Christmas Island.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby pra_ggresion » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Scored big time Friday. Head and a half groundswell was pumping, only 3 people in constant rotation without waits, lo-flood. Only got owned twice. Got about twenty waves, couple cover-ups, and overall surfing at my best. Then interloped the Fisher Poets.
Did not sport any Grundens. I can't fish for shite and am not worthy of industry gear like that. Listening to what truly hard core people are up to was all time though. Felt like a truly genuine experience. Other types of festivals like beer fests or music fests, have usually left me kinda unsatisfied in the past. Lotta humor, sea shanties, some super heavy stuff regarding death of loved ones. Highly recommend attending to anyone that hasn't been. Went to workshop on how to make a chaffing mat. Definitely want to make one of those now. Ample supply of libations made it that much more fun too. What is the Dark Arts Fesitval all about? I've never heard of that one. Sounds pretty cool.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Friday looked good, but I had to work. Hit Hood last night and this AM. White wave has been sufficing and quite epic like long 6' to 8' A frame reef waves with barrel and air sections, but need to get wet.

Couldn't make it to Astoria last few weekends, but have hit that one a few years ago. My cousin is a commercial fisherman and surfer and always has great stories to tell. Additionally meet a commercial fisherman from Astoria today in the lift line and we were talking crabs. They've been epic this season and cheap!

Dark Arts: https://fortgeorgebrewery.com/festival-of-dark-arts/
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf