Change font size   Print view

February Fresh Sesh Report

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: February Fresh Sesh Report

Postby pra_ggresion » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Its been a year or more now since the OR Surfline invasion.... you been living under a rock? Or wait you've transplanted to the coast where you don't really need to access to cams.

Haha, that's kinda some BS, yes and yes i guess. I've always had a difficult time not rejecting surfline as a source. Something about their cut-throat for-profit exposure of spots under the guise of freedom of information in the modern era has always rubbed me the wrong way. Even living in the valley, I've avoided them as a resource. Oh well, gonna have to jump on the bandwagon with that one though cause dammit if that angle isn't really good.

I usually use http://www.northwestwebcams.com/oregon-web-cams.shtm#coastal or this pages links. Note: former link is down as of posting.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby smithgrind » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Cams are for valley kooks like us, Dubstar. Pra has graduated to coastie status.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby pra_ggresion » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:26 am

smithgrind wrote:Cams are for valley kooks like us, Dubstar. Pra has graduated to coastie status.

Whatevs guys, I use cams guys :(
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby smithgrind » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:34 pm

pra_ggresion wrote:
smithgrind wrote:Cams are for valley kooks like us, Dubstar. Pra has graduated to coastie status.

Whatevs guys, I use cams guys :(

You just broke my heart :oops:
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Spent » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:12 pm

pra_ggresion wrote:

Whatevs gays, I am a cam guy :(

Woah! What website? Do I need a membership to view you?
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Spent » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Another maintenance session today. Had to get it while I can as I'm stuck in town this weekend. Looked like shite from the beach but found a decent peak. Mostly lefts. Got a bit thumpier as the tide drained and then went to total crap.

My surf companion forgot his botties but said, ' thankfully I have a wetsuit that is too long for me.' and proceeded to pull his wettie over his heels and ankles and then paddled around with his feet out of the water. good effort. he lasted about 2.5 hours like that and then went to find a 'middle aged woman to bring my penis back to life.' not bad.
Spent

Postby pra_ggresion » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Spent wrote:
pra_ggresion wrote:

Whatevs gays, I am a cam guy :(

Woah! What website? Do I need a membership to view you?

Depends on that pay pal rating there stud muffin.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby smithgrind » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Spent wrote:My surf companion forgot his botties but said, ' thankfully I have a wetsuit that is too long for me.' and proceeded to pull his wettie over his heels and ankles and then paddled around with his feet out of the water. good effort. he lasted about 2.5 hours like that and then went to find a 'middle aged woman to bring my penis back to life.' not bad.

Sounds like The Kiwi is back in town.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Clamchowdah » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Absolute beauty of a day today. Was relatively uncrowded at a well known beach break in WA. Clear skies with Olympics and even Rainier in clear view from the beach. Dodged some SUPs and a dude surf kayaking (wtf?) on my first paddle out before finding my own peak. Clean chest to shoulder high faces all day with standout sets reaching head high. Was digging the free rides out the back from the rip by the jetty. Definitely not world class conditions or a world class break, but it was an extremely productive day for me. Pretty quickly I figured out that taking off at the peak of the wave was futile since it would crumble into close out mush almost immediately, but if you took off on the shoulders of the bigger set waves you could get some pretty long rides (for a beach break that is). Overall stoked on the day and hoping for more friendly winds for the rest of the February
Clamchowdah
Mermaided

Postby X-squid » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Nice - I scored Saturday as well. Small but fun and dawn patrol paid off - place was a zoo by 10:00. Lot's of fun little rampy waves that the fish just ate up.
Just another baka gaijin
X-squid
Ten barrel mullet

Postby BOX » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am

Went out to Agate Saturday afternoon and had a great day on the water. Weather was beautiful, it was low tide, and there was a close-in beach break that was going about chest/shoulder high and giving consistent rides. No complaints.
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Dang sounds like I missed a fun weekend of surf. Had long time plans to be up on Hood. Shreded Sat and made the best out of it. Fast and somewhat shredable. Had a couple fun laps in the mini park. Always nice to get a good method and 360 combo. Low tide up there though.... made me realize the cost of all this mild weather and decent surf. Gonna be a dry dry summer if we don't get some more snow this winter.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Spent » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:33 pm

Briefly wrestled some guilt over pulling a sickie this morning, got stuck in traffic. Decided not to do any spot checks and committed to the old but not so current faithful. Paddled out my new egg and had a wonderful time on about a dozen or so zippy head high lefts, all green and glassy like and then went to work sunburnt, zorched and fit for nothing.
Spent

Postby Spent » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Against all instincts I let the bros talk me into driving them into onshore winds for a sunset session tonight, not that the sun was ever visible. Pulled up in the lot and it looked as I thought it would- total gash. However, we were there with no where else to go and why not? Couple of locs were on it but other than that it was five heads max. Hopped in the filthy brown rip into the chaos and actually found some lumpy bumpy waves that allowed for some super sketchy drops but once you engaged your fins there was a bit of a ride to be had and even some turns to be made.. It was better than not surfing. Session 4 on the new egg. Really glad I had it today as I doubt any other board would have handled such unpredictable conditions.
Spent

Postby pra_ggresion » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:01 pm

super sketchy drops but once you engaged your fins

That's the shite. One of the best feelings, like when you're skating BSSS.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

PreviousNext

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf