Change font size   Print view

June is for Juggalos

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: June is for Juggalos

Postby Spent » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 pm

colder dumpy close outs tonight. a few hollow runners if you're in position. i was sucking but did pull into a couple of close out tubes. front arm elbow is f*cked from skateboarding on sunday, and really fucked with my pop ups. also was in great position for a backhand floater but over amped and went flat on my face... switching between boards really isn't helping me right now either. weird stance issues going from 7'2" to 6'2". remind me to keep the 2+1 mid length tucked away until next winter....

still, got to milk these long days while we can.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Spent » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Thought I'd escape the crowds today but my search proved fruitless. Checked a bunch of exposed spots that I thought might serve up some empty peaks. Lots of potential but nothing reliable and so I ended up with everyone else at one of the usual suspects. Still I found a nice peak to myself south of the horde. Fun for a bit until the tide started draining and then it went to shite. Couple cutties, couple of off the lips, and a sunburn. Could be worse.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 am

Punched the clock at 4:20 on Friday and peddled home to jump in van and head out to meet my buddy again. Was dreading potential traffic cluster F and a beer on the porch vs. 2 hour drive was tempting, but strangely it was chill and a good podcast made the drive go by quick.

Got to the spot after watching glassy cams all day only to find the wind had had come up and the little swell forested (4@11) had pretty much died and never really materialized like it was supposed to. Buddy had been posted all day, was on beer number 3, and said it was fun enough from about 7:30 am - 9 am. I decided not to surf, dig into a six'er of Budweiser, and hope for the best in the AM.

Sat AM swell was down to 3@8. Humned and hawed in the lot for an hour contemplating LB or quad fish and finally suited and booted for a deparado. Didn't want to go home dry.... ended up having a better one than anticipated. Early AM oil glass and reasonably good sand bars at this spot as of late made it surfable. Quad fish ended up being the call on grindy thigh to waist peaks that were tight fast little bowls ending in 1' of water. LB would of been really hard. Definitely a grovel sesh and if my buddy wasnt in town prob not worth the drive, but good to get wet and nice way to start the day.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:27 pm

I would take grinding thigh to waste high peaks all summer long. Not scurred....
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf