Change font size   Print view

Nasty?

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Nasty?

Postby smithgrind » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Mini pikey reunion in seaside with Neck Deep and Nasty? I thought he swore off surfing in Oregon :roll:
smithgrind
greystoke

Re: Nasty?

Postby Spent » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:31 pm

dark times call for dark measures....
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:05 pm

smithgrind wrote:I thought he swore off surfing in Oregon :roll:

Thats just stupid..... and I dont care how much mushy NorSoMexCal point surf he gets handful of times a year.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:56 am

Major Lazer wrote:
smithgrind wrote:I thought he swore off surfing in Oregon :roll:

Thats just stupid..... and I dont care how much mushy NorSoMexCal point surf he gets handful of times a year.

Woah! sounds like someone missed waves yesterday :twisted:
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Well why wouldn't you surf locally? At the least when its good right?

Not a huge fan of that Baja zone. Usually just pass on though heading from remote points south. Off course my mind could be changed with an invite for a south swell.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Wow...ML COMING IN HOT! Been a while, forgot what that was like round these parts ;)

Good times....I never swear off any locations, keep my extremely limited options open. May be getting a Nov Mex surf trip in....first time in Mexico, down in Nayarit, could be cool I guess.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Spent » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Nasty is the last person who needs someone to defend him but we all have our own approach to surfing. Dude is super busy and carves out his surf time accordingly. He can't do the once or twice a week like the rest of us. He has a much better chance of getting surf that suits him, the way he does it plus he has a rad set up with everything there.

I'll never forget a run I had down there a couple of Septs back. Ten sessions of shoulder to head and half, glassy all day, points and reefs. Sure, I wasn't getting tubed off me nut but it was an easy time, a very easy time for mediocre middle aged surfers that we are.

Image[/quote]
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:52 am

No doubt..... city life is the busy life and its a hustle these days to support a family in this town and besides Oregon surf sucks and I am waiting for the new crop to realize that and quit, move, or just surf on vacation.

I know those zones, have made quick south of the border trips from NorCal, and surfed all of those waves my favs being San Miguel and Salsa P. It can be a good place if you like the urban amenities esp for city folk, but I have also been bribed, ripped off, and remember the days before that towering POS hotel on the point when you could just pull up and catch a sesh.

For me the peninsula and the true experience is disconnecting and getting away from anything urban. I have logged quite a few missions down there over the last 3 decades and as a geographer mapped out many of my finds trips for them. We have made it to some unreal spots and these days I am lucky enough to have buddies who have the vehicles and time to make it all happen. And I cant claim we always pack a ton of barrels. Many of the waves are long ripple points.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/5fb768fb943bda7ac311a3cb22997f05/5BF778AB/t51.2885-15/e35/31421776_1652370831479237_3111888094408736768_n.jpg

Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Those pics actually created pangs of frustration, the set ups look so damn sweet.

Hey speaking of geography, didnt you come over to my office like 10 years ago looking at potentially partnering with us on some utility RFP?

Speaking of Oregon.....and Portland, we are packing up and moving out of our hood on NE 25th. Time for a change, the kids can still stay in Grant HS as long as we have this address on 9/9/18. Probably looking east....closer to 82nd....I am a poor @ss home owner....time to sell this rock and get something smaller so I can travel and have more adventures.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf