Change font size   Print view

Sharktember

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Sharktember

Postby Spent » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 am

Its purely luck and getting it while I can. Next week looks like a potential bump but I'm on lock down Mon until Monday, of course.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Re: Sharktember

Postby Major Lazer » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Figured I'd take advantage of the later summer time weather, the little 6 at 9 sec bump on the buoy overnight into the am, and log one more September session. Dark skies had east winds, but NOAA had light and variable which in reality ended up being the later. Didn't have to much time, but figured a particular spot would have surfables on the low. Couple heads on it when I pulled in. Looked clean and decent, but had to double back to hit the head and drop off the kids, so checked another nearby spot. No hay nada. No wind, but ocean was a little bumpy at that local.

Went back suited and booted. The 2 heads out prior had come in, so paddled out solodolo into shark infested waters :shock: but after not to long 2 other heads came out and drifted south. Water was hand stinging cold again, which I figured as much and opted for the 5.5 mill. Sun was blazing and water was as clear and green as it gets with those little patches of foamy bubbles. Didn't take to long to dial in the peak and when I did waist to chest high rights. Easy drops to racy walls, but had to get my wiggle on even with the built in speed of my quad fish. Couple cuties felt good and a floater or two. Did the walk around on the longer ones. A little inconsistent, but after 2 hours put together a decent enough session all things considered. Spent pulled in shortly after I finished, but unfortunately we weren't able to surf together.

I've had better Septembers, but at least the classic sunny weather made a come back. Bring on Rocktober and hope the sunny vibes continue with some good mid period swell.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf