Change font size   Print view

Mowvember

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Mowvember

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Slopey close outs for sure :D Haven't had to many good ones there as of recent and I surfed it 3 days in a row last month with perfect conditions :roll: Who knows though storms and swells should have def moved things around. Seems like it gets pretty pitted at some point every winter.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:19 pm

You have to be biggest SS hater in OSP history ML, I am the biggest fan of that spot....probably more a reflection of my low talent level than anything else ;)
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Kind of a love hate thing. What it lacks in wave quality, it makes up for in consistency and geography during the north wind season. And as they say every dog has its day. Many years ago now....... early September, late summer valley heat, nukeing N wind, hand stinging cold upwealed water, classic left wedge peaks, and wind swell goodness.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5518/10908593776_be85d8f222_b.jpg
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Well, the plan was to surf myself into oblivion all day long, but that changed halfway down the 26 when I realized I left my work cell back at home. Hightailed it to the locale anyway and got in an efficient little a.m. session. Waves were decent, but lacked the "oomph" my board needs to shine; still had some fun ones -- mostly rights-- that were very user friendly, if not as generous in duration as the previous weekend. Good day for longboarders though; one guy was absolutely slaying on what looked to be a 8' firewire? Dude just couldn't be in the wrong spot! I, on the other hand, am very adept at being in the wrong spot, but little by little found my flow. Eventually ended up on a steep little ripper on the inside that capped my session off on a really good note. Back at work now, but a few hours in the water got me charged up for max productivity in half the time, or at least that's what I tell myself while slacking off writing surf report :D
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Howly Wolf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Was hoping that Tex would throw caution to the wind and dawn patrol SS. Ben Gravy would go!!!
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Spent » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:06 am

high tide mush was pretty frustrating especially since I brought my most rockered out 'performance' board. however, as it started to drop and the winds picked up things got a bit more shapely and i found a few nugs. not super easy to line up but some sections were formed that presented the opportunity for some memorable turns and reminded me why sometimes what you get to do on a wave outweighs wave count. stoke level adequate. makes me want to stop cheating as often.

and yes, i went to shorties...
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Tex » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:50 am

love the big reveal at the end....well done Spent!
Tex

Postby Tex » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:50 am

One of these days Howly....one of these days....
Tex

Postby BOX » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Cut out of work early yesterday for a late afternoon/sunset session at Agate. 3-4’ @ 10. Easy paddle out. Little to no wind. Air temperature felt good, water felt so warm I didn’t mind getting my head dunked a few times. Maybe 10-15 heads in the water. The sunset was fantastic.

Some might have wished for bigger, stronger conditions but they were Goldilocks for me. Had one of my best sessions ever. Was making drops consistently and getting good rides. Not quite ready for the pro circuit yet, but definitely seeing improvement. It was a great day in the water.
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Spent » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 pm

High tide Mish with Smith and Wex south of a big rock. 3 @ 13 or so out of the West and not a lick of wind. Little small and weak initially but once we dialed in the peak a few gems were had by all. Good day for the fishy little sub 6'ers. Not a huge wave count by any means but long rides that held through to the inside making it possible to draw some lines.
Spent

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:41 am

Boyz weekend....... chased it looking for SB waves at open beachies. Surfed 4 spots and 5 seshies, two of which were throwaways. Felt like we were always a tad to late once we either found the spot or our window. Mid afternoon swamp HT's and big exchanges made things tricky. Found some pretty sick barrels yest, but kinda shut on us after waiting on the locs to get their fill and shortly after we got out. Redemption session at at a rando bar and beach I've always thought about but never seen doing it. Wasn't the smorgasbord we were hoping for, but some fun waves were had.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:50 am

Momz weekend-- had to play Motherboy (not the band) the past few days, so not as much surfing as I might've liked otherwise. Did, however, score a very fun session yesterday morning while she beach-combed. 5 @ 10 with slight offshores held up the walls, offering lengthy rides and makeable barrels. Rode shortboard/quad set up, which took a second to adjust to, but caught everything and clocked speed. Spot was somewhat crowded, but not as crazy as I expected given the inviting weekend weather and conditions. Got my fill after a few hours and found mom on the beach, but she made me paddle back out so she could actually watch me surf. I was smoked at that point, but scored a lengthy right and then my best left yet on the SB-- wave was only shoulder high, but a long runner that I surfed it top to bottom with good form and finished off with one of my clunky backside turns before riding into shore. Mom was stoked on it, even though she was hoping to see me get "tunneled". Good day all and all-- felt like I was surfing at the best of my abilities and the madre somehow found a shark tooth on her adventures. Family kicks ftw.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Spent » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:46 pm

A friend talked me into a sketchy mission that didn't pay off and after riding 50+miles the day before I took the path of least resistance and joined the crowd on my cheater egg. Set it up with a single fin for a change. Haven't really clicked with it before as a single but jammed the fin way up like Buttons and Bertleman told me to. Turned out super fun. 90% of the people in the water couldn't surf and a couple of friends and I had a somewhat hidden little nook to ourselves for a bit. Now back to shortboarding.
Spent

Postby Spent » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Conditions looked dog sh*t from the beach today and the paddle out was painful at times. However, there were actually some makable but thumpy hollowish waves. Enjoyed some steep drops that felt pretty vertical that fed into some reeling walls that held. Got a couple of poundings but I needed and deserved them. Minimal crowd. Really glad I had the performance 6'4" thruster today. It feels so good on the steep drops.

A crew of Canadians were tearing it up pretty good until a rental foamy (who was way out of his element) rode over one of them.

No air attempts.
Spent

Postby smithgrind » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Spent wrote:A crew of Canadians were tearing it up pretty good until a rental foamy (who was way out of his element) rode over one of them..

Did they apologize to the foamy for getting in his way?
smithgrind
greystoke

PreviousNext

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf