Change font size   Print view

Airs After 40?

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Airs After 40?

Postby Spent » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Found this recent photo of an old surf mate from back home. He's 40+ like you and I. Got me so stoked. I've done a few very very poor ones in my day (and bailed a bunch) but this photo makes me think I'm not trying hard enough... Coming from a skate background, you'd think it would happen but I'm eternally mediocre... 2019 goal: Land 1 solid one...

Anyway, he landed this sucker clean.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Re: Airs After 40?

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:47 am

Why not.... try em fairly often when the opportunity presents itself. Just can be tough to find that ramp or sacrifice a good turn vs pumping through a section to launch the close out. Had a Lib PJ a few years back that I was successfuly landing credit card airs on. Great shape to get speed on and nice and wide for stability on landing Put a huge foot well in that board. Helps to surf more than a few times a week I'd say. Would love to hit the Waco ramp and see if I could stick one there.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Re: Airs After 40?

Postby Spent » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:31 am

Why not? You already answered the question. Surfing once a week... and sucking... but still I'm going to try.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf