Change font size   Print view

Maxin May

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Maxin May

Postby buoyhead » Sun May 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Fun morning at the local beachbreak. Sunny, offshore, super clear water. 4-5 ft. with a couple friends.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits.
buoyhead
Plover Murderer

Postby Major Lazer » Tue May 28, 2019 10:09 am

Would of liked an earlier start Sat am to beat the wind and surf at an open beachie away from the masses and honestly probably would have been fine soaking up rays in my remote yet centrally urban backyard, but the fam was wanting a beach day. And with a some swell on the buoy sunshine on the cams and gloom in town, my motivation was just a little more than it would be for dealing with the bum bum fest at the coast.

The grumpiness set in as we hit the stop and go at the 26/6 junction and muttered to my wife…. been here long enough to know better and not fuking leave mid am or leave period. Back doored it through the ole Banks back roads and beat most of it or at least kept moving. Wind was on it in CB, so opted for Tex’s favorite spot again. Lots like Hug P were maxed with parking spilling on to the 101. Pulled into Poopsands and lucked into a front row spot with minimal finagling and thought hum maybe this was meant to be?

Found a window out there….. lot was probably filled with 40% or more hikers and beachers and lineup was mostly kooks. Paddled to a productive peak slightly under the radar. Some fun wedgey lefts on the push being held up by the side offshore wind. 5’8” quad fish fit the bill nicely. Got into a good rhythm and surfed around a few longboarders, one was actually proficient who I saw get some good ones while suiting. Eventually they splitskis and after 20 or 30 mostly alone a couple guys I know paddled out. Guess they saw me getting wave after wave….. tide filled and fun peak was pretty much killed. Surfed with my kidos for a bit and soaked up the sun, sand, and sights for the rest of the afternoon. Saw some funny shitt most of it is not coming to me right now, but the dude paddling around with white framed mirrored shades was pretty funny.

Stayed the night in a campground that said “No Vacancy” yet had vacant sites? Reservation systems have killed any spontaneity of just going camping this time of year, but whateves thanks for the complementary site Mr No Show. Gloom and south winds were up yesterday. Paddled out elsewhere hans solo, but despite thumpy sets sand bar was not really there and hasn’t seemed to have been for years now.
Last edited by Major Lazer on Tue May 28, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Major Lazer » Tue May 28, 2019 10:12 am

On another note...... anyone else notice that the abandoned RV tow trailer that's been parked on one of the pull out above Silver Point for weeks now was torched? :lol:
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Major Lazer » Fri May 31, 2019 9:47 am

Fun after work seshie last night at a super duper top secret south facing cove where southern hemi lines were leaking in at a surprising consistency. Brought the fun board down.... cough cough.... I mean midlength, but was bigger and punchier than expected so went with the trusty ole self shaped quad fishy.

1st wave some mustached fuk dropped in on me even after hooting on the bottom turn and continued to to pump down the line eventually kicking out after I continued to let him know I was behind him ruining any chance for lip bashage. Session ended on a much better note as things cleared out on the one consistent peak and it was just me a local buddy and shop kid trading zippy and rippable waves.

Mays been good to me. I've had more surfs than I have all year. Hasn't been epic, but consistent and could finally take advantage of new schedule and get some after work surfs in and a some weekend days too. By next Fall and Winter I'll have some flexibility and time to burn to score.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Broke the 5+ month dry spell and got wet way west of the Oregon coast. Two sessions of small kine waves
followed with a third day of nice bumped up south swell with HH sets, easy off shores and boardshorts only.
Rode a variety of boards from a 6'8" mini tanker, 6'3" Merrick m4 round tail and a 5'11" FW Machado Midas.
I even sneaked in a rad skate sesh to boot! Fun times visiting the island and hanging with ohana.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:59 am

Sounds like a great way to kill that 5 months of valley rot. Haven't surf in boardies in over 2 years now. :roll:
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf