Change font size   Print view

Maxin May

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Maxin May

Postby Tex » Sun May 05, 2019 10:04 am

So here is to hoping May is a smidge better than April.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Re: Maxin May

Postby Major Lazer » Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 am

Mostly Maytenance, but can't complain about the weather. Pulled the quad fishy off the rack and starting to think about packing the mid length next time too.

Hoping these spring wind swells come in a little more west vs the steep northerly angle. At least it doesn't look to be flat.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Major Lazer » Mon May 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Leeward set to close May 31st.

Edit: Whoops meant to spot this in surf shop thread.
Last edited by Major Lazer on Tue May 07, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Mon May 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Might get a Thursday EVE sesh and Friday AM sesh this week....will see.
Tex

Postby Major Lazer » Wed May 08, 2019 11:18 am

A sesh at the Duner perhaps.......
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Wed May 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Man, its been a while since i hit that establishment. Used to work behind the bar back in 93/94. My buddy is coming up from Corvallis, his parents live in Manzanita....might be able to convince him to grab a drink there after the evening sesh.
Tex

Postby Major Lazer » Thu May 09, 2019 6:03 am

Was thinking the evening sesh would be the Duner. Its been pretty micro.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Thu May 09, 2019 2:15 pm

I'm an old man, I never surf anymore, small waves are fine for me.
Tex

Postby Major Lazer » Thu May 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Boys night surf or no surf sounds about right.

Weather looks kryptonic!

Go Blazers!
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Fri May 10, 2019 10:40 am

Option C: Drive 2.5 hours down the coast for possible offshore flow.

Desperate times, desperate measures but worth the back-ache. Decent swell combo, groomed and glassy as promised, more pelicans in the water than people. Wax-meltingly hot on the sand; hand-numbingly cold in the water. G & S egg provided ample wave count and enough maneuverability for 2-3 top turns per wall. This spring has not been kind to my water time, but felt weirdly in form-- I guess casual waves will do that.

Hoping to get more than one session this month-- Spring 2019 has not been kind to my water time.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Crumbly and gutless last night. Opted for beers on beach and Blazers at a couple different establishments. Caught the cryptic sunset in between 1 and 2 quarter.

Little westerlyish pulse filled in overnight! Early am offshores and pretty fun chest high spinners at an open beachie. Some fun runners that would kinda grow as they peeled down the bank allowing for a hack or 2.

Water was brownish from the relentless northlies and hand stinging cold. Air was as warm as it gets. Felt like Mex walking back to rig and was burning up in suit. New Rad "Dad" Ripper is proving to be a very spicey small wave shorty and an absolute rocket. Fastest thruster I've prolly ever had. Can't believe I haven't had an 80s styled board in the quiv since my OG thruster died of tail cancer and delam in the mid 90s.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Fri May 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Dang, should've set up a tent. Hopefully more to come sooner than later!
Last edited by Howly Wolf on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Bummer your rig got straight wrecked. Something I worry about commuting by automobile a couple times a week when I don't feel like the preferred cycle/MAX routine. Have dealt with back issues as well, so I know how that goes.

Hoping we get a few more little bumps. Really do love when the waves and warm weather coninside. Wish I coulda hung out, lounged, smoked some grass, and waited for the tide to turn and fill in but midlife man had to go to work.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Got to SS around 6:30 on Thursday....surfed till dark. Better than I thought it would be, but I am certainly not picky these days. The fact that I could sneak out on a Thursday afternoon and get back to the desk by 11:00 this am had me stoked. Pure bliss with blue sky, clear as f@#K water, fun peaks, green mountains and HEAT!

Major, I might have rolled past your rig this am on my way back to SS. More juice this am, definitely a bit more punchy and shoulder high. I thought outgoing tide might have derailed the whole thing but wasn't bad.

Someone was filming a commercial...they had at least twenty parking spots for the film crew in the south lot. They had a lifeguard and fire department there to help the surfers in the commercial if they needed it. Full on drones on the south end of the beach filming two dudes surfing. No idea what products they were repping. It was surreal watching this huge crew doing the photo shoots.
Tex

Postby Major Lazer » Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 am

Tex wrote:The fact that I could sneak out on a Thursday afternoon and get back to the desk by 11:00 this am had me stoked

Glad ya made it out Tex. Been doing the evening morning combos for years now and beats the back and forth after one seshie.

Tex wrote:Major, I might have rolled past your rig this am on my way back to SS.

Not me.... was a little south.

Tex wrote:Someone was filming a commercial...they had at least twenty parking spots for the film crew in the south lot. They had a lifeguard and fire department there to help the surfers in the commercial if they needed it. Full on drones on the south end of the beach filming two dudes surfing. No idea what products they were repping. It was surreal watching this huge crew doing the photo shoots.

Was Slater in town brah? Kinda sounds annoying... drones and parking lot hogging. This aint Hollywerid!
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Next

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf