Change font size   Print view

Worst time of year to sell a board on CL

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Worst time of year to sell a board on CL

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:34 am

Probably. I've pretty much come to the conclusion anything under 5'8" is a no go. These Greenroom fishes are always super chunky thou and I never really seen any under 6'. Not sure I trusted dims posted either. Picture posted of quad fin set up showed front/larger in the rear and smaller/trailers up front :lol: Regardless coulda been a good board for the grominas or a resale to help fund Mex trip. 8)
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:53 pm

Are you feeling your mid length crisis coming on? If so, who is shaping your 7'2"?
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:20 am

Oh hell yah bruh. Summer of the MID is gonna be straight flaming 8) Boyz and girlz of Summa take note.

Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Zzz
Last edited by Howly Wolf on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:39 pm

I saw that Star Wars board :lol:

Talk about marriage problems:

Sneaky Wife Selling Husband's Three Surfboards - $150
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/spo/d/portland-sneaky-wife-selling-husbands/7291256282.html
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby INTERN » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:45 am

You think those boards come cursed? That fish seems ripe for someone who's been buying a lot of bike parts and wants to ride something other than the longboard this summer without their wife questioning why they aren't finished remodeling the guest bathroom... (Click flooring took a hot second to figure out)
INTERN
Plover Murderer

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Handshaped on the Oregon Coast by Scott Rowley - Northwest Surf Designs. Performance hybrid fish shape. Banging custom spray. 3 fin setup. Works really well as a twin + trailer or thruster. This board f@*ks.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/spo/d/portland-62-nwsd-sick-fish-surfboard/7292488803.html

I know Scott was shaping some nice sticks, but damn he must be on to something new.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:29 am

Zzz
Last edited by Howly Wolf on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm

The good ones have been going so fast! Who beat me to the 5'8" Lost Bottom Feeder yesterday!!!! Older groveler model that is hard to come by now over shadowed by the Puddle Jumper. Was in good condition, a little more volume than the groveler I picked up recently and sold in less than 24 hours!

A 7'2" FCD Huevo popped up earlier this Winter and that was gone in a few hours. Seems to be a sellers market for anything that is not a gun or overpriced HPSB. I have recently sold 2 of my girls old wetsuits, booties, and hoods no problem. Sorry for clogging up the "surfboard" for sale feed with their suits by tagging "surfboard" :lol: Had someone respond to a post once where I did something similar in a tiff that I tagged "surfboard" for what I think was a pair of booties. CL vibers pfffttt.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Zzz
Last edited by Howly Wolf on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:54 pm

"Selling my quiver after moving to Portland and not having the motivation / time to keep up the hobby (coming from LA where I could surf 3x a week)." Say it aint so.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:24 pm

Finally got a Stretch in the stable. Picked up 5'7" SuperBuzz that was sitting in the back rack at Gorge.
Pretty amped to paddle it out.
Didn't you used to have one, Dubstar?
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:49 am

Yeah brah. Epic score and stoked to check it out in person the other day. Hope you got some fun ones on it.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Major Lazer wrote:Yeah brah. Epic score and stoked to check it out in person the other day. Hope you got some fun ones on it.

Got a few to open my eyes. Sk8 deck and EPS kinda threw me for a loop. So lively and sensitive.
Definitely stocked to get more waves on it.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:22 am

Some good ones recently...... this one from Slates homie in the Bourne.

Please break my heart and buy my Kelly Slater-signed surfboard - $2,000 (Tanasbourne)
TechBro?

In 2012, I was a young surfer with big dreams and too much disposable income. I bought a brand new 5’ 11” surfboard for $3,200 that Kelly Slater auctioned off to benefit the Dan Wheldon memorial trust. I’ll add the tweets of me getting it and Kelly congratulating me on it. (One of the Twitter pics is weird because I had to search for his reply on my laptop vs. my phone.)

It has stood in my bedroom exactly where it is in the pictures for the past nine years inspiring many good dreams. I don’t know what the little markings are on the upper sides - maybe where it’s stuck to the wall while it’s sat for years until I move it to vacuum around it? They’re not dings - I think I could scrape it off my with fingernails, but I haven’t wanted to screw with it and risk hurting it. I lost the fin key, but still have the fins that came with it. Obviously, it’s never been waxed or touched water - it’s still completely brand new. And beautiful. And signed by the Legend himself.

I’m now older and I need the money for things like rent and car maintenance. Please break my heart and buy this SOB so I can start the grieving process.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

PreviousNext

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf