Change font size   Print view

BroVember

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: BroVember

Postby Howly Wolf » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:05 pm

Wasn’t feeling that snake pit at all. Did you paddle North a bit, Major? There was a hefty SW swell rolling through with only a handful of takers.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:45 am

Right yeah...... saw some heads down there and shoulda took a looky lou. Can be hard to get back out up there thou with size. Did 7 years in the Santa Cruz - SF zone, so fairly proficient in crowds and have my tactics for getting waves. Had to call out one guy for not holding on to his board and ended up going in :lol: If you cant hold on to your board in a crowded lineup then GTFO IMO. Yesterday looked like the day for some of the sand bars I've been surfing.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:20 pm

I sat out Saturday, so was frothing too hard to play fuq fuq games. On the plus side, my arms were fresh so the extra work wasn't too much hassle... Monday was mellow leftovers; a bit less size, but steady offshore still on it. I'd venture to guess there were a lot of options available, but I just went back to the same spot to get my kicks backhand. Been riding a lot of rights this season and have to balance it out... Had to burn one dude who kept wasting waves, but he wasn't in position anyway.

And yeah, 100% on the board ditching. Hold on or get out.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Tex wrote:dtrn...not sure if you are hip to a local forecaster but i have found his stuff to be pretty accurate....full disclosure, I used to be neighbors with his parents until I moved out to Roseway. https://look.surf/

Looks like Look is on its way out.
https://lookhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409959416087
Although I was never a subscriber and was not my one source for data, ended up really liking this site. Mostly because of all the data on one scroll from current buoy report to 1st light to swell and winds to tides to last light. Data I might check a variety of sources for. Never paid to much attention to color coded good to bad rating, but sometimes it was on.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby BOX » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:52 am

I never subscribed, either, but I use Look as one of the sites I check regularly. It had some pretty good info and seemed to be more locally targeted than some of the other apps available. I am often amused by how contrarian it can be sometimes, though. Surfline will show "fair to good" with a "day to target" analysis, Magicseaweed will show 3+ stars and green offshore winds all day long, but Look will be all red like DON"T GO. On days that Surfline shows as poor and Magicseaweed shows all red 25+mph winds and faded stars, Look will show all green like "Have fun!" :lol:
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf