Change font size   Print view

Death on the North Coast

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Death on the North Coast

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:30 am

Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Re: Death on the North Coast

Postby Tex » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 pm

My wife has been really grieving for that family. So hard to know what exactly leads to that type of tragedy. The ocean is not to be fucked with. I dont know how many times I talk to kids in the spring that want to go body surfing with just shorts and t-shirts on open beach breaks. One bad rip and they are all goners. Really sorry to hear when there is loss of life on the coast.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:18 am

It's hard to say and not sure anyone is to blame. I think it's hit so hard because of the young children that were lost especially if you have children of your own. I believe it was a bit of a freak accident especially after reading a quote from a women who's lived in that cove since 73, a rare full time resident, who claims it was the highest she has ever seen the water at that location. My wife was out in Manzo on a girls weekend and was sending me pics, which were pretty crazy.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby BOX » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:48 am

Yeah, this whole thing sucks no matter how you look at it. I really feel for the family. I'm a dad, and if I was that dad I would be inconsolable... if that's even a strong enough word. I hope they are able to find some sort of peace.

The water has definitely been high and wild lately down here on the central coast. Stay safe, everybody.
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Postby bluesilver » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Last time I was there - this last summer, this is where we were, same buildings/walkway. The water was so low then...
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf