Change font size   Print view

No Poors Allowed

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: No Poors Allowed

Postby Tex » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:34 pm

WANTY.....wow, nice to see you posting again!
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby wanty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:20 am

Tex wrote:WANTY.....wow, nice to see you posting again!

Yeah! I've been lurking for a while...

As for the PC driving...that's the only reason i go there, so i can tailgate out of my pickup.
catch a wave, grab a brewski, throw a shaka, catch a wave...repeat.

I'll buy a throw-away dory boat and party out of that on the north side if I have to. Show them! :mrgreen:
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Tex » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:44 am

PC cam has some nuggets today, looks like it would be a blast!
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:10 pm

wanty wrote:
As for the PC driving...that's the only reason i go there, so i can tailgate out of my pickup.
catch a wave, grab a brewski, throw a shaka, catch a wave...repeat.

I'll buy a throw-away dory boat and party out of that on the north side if I have to. Show them! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:36 pm

They charging in PC yet? Haven't been there in a while.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:47 am

Anybody pay the 10 dolla Brohampton tax yet? Did they successfully ban driving on the beach?

I check the cam pretty often and its been crazy how quiet its been. As I type this I am counting 4 or 5 surfers out, which has almost been the average regularly. Did the fee scare people off? To steep for the vanlifers? Where are all the boys of summer Bend locs? Or is the skatepark with what I would assume to be free parking, the main attraction in the Hampty Hamps these days?
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby BOX » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:51 pm

I paid the $10 parking fee when I went up there for a session in mid-May. There were about 8-10 other heads in the water. The lot was pretty empty when I got there around 9:30am or so and only about 1/2 full by the time I left around 2:00pm. I probably could have got away with not paying but I did it anyway to gain good karma with Neptune so he’d send me some tasty waves (it didn’t work). I didn’t see the parking being enforced. Looked like it was on the honor system but then again, this was on like a Tuesday morning in May. An early Saturday afternoon in July may be a different story…

I saw maybe 2-3 trucks on the beach all loading/unloading dory boats. I didn’t see any other vehicles in the sand.

In other news, I went up to the punchbowl area a couple of evenings ago for a session and both lots were completely filled with cars waiting to park. Couldn’t believe it. Not everyone was surfing, but man, I did not expect to encounter that kind of a crowd on a Monday night. I mean, that’s why I went on a Monday night… Still had a good session, though, so all's good :D
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf