Change font size   Print view

No Poors Allowed

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

No Poors Allowed

Postby Howly Wolf » Wed May 06, 2020 11:25 am

Breaking News: NO POORS ALLOWED!

IMG_0270.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg (75.6 KiB) Viewed 30745 times

Piggybacking on the precedent set by Cannon Beach and Manzanita closures, the yuppies of PC have leveled up a notch and taken it upon themselves to "close" the beach to that pitiful caste who cannot afford shoreline property. Needless to say, townies who once foolishly considered themselves locals, are up in arms about how the beach belongs to everyone [except inland goons].

The whole thing is beyond stupid. Somebody call my lawyer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_2rwPFnts8/
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Re: No Poors Allowed

Postby Major Lazer » Wed May 06, 2020 1:38 pm

Pffftttt..... things have gotten outta hand. I thought the people that owned those houses were Valley Goons. I at least know one family from Portland that owns one of those houses. Anyways this is surely a response to the people that have been showing up to surf despite the stay at home order.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Wed May 06, 2020 4:55 pm

I think that's the pretense, yes, and I would wager they chose to fence it off now in anticipation of an 80 degree weekend (perhaps they looked at the surf report as well).

To me, this play was inevitable, with or without the rona. PC has long been on track to become a playground for the rich, so conflict between public and private interests is all but guaranteed. More money = more lawyers and I won't be too surprised if/when an individual or conglomerate eventually funds relitigation of the beach bill. Could be this that leads to that.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Thu May 07, 2020 1:17 pm

Nah that ain't gonna happen. We can only hope South County retains its gritty edge. And as long as there are fish, there will be grit.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby X-squid » Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Good gawd I hate people more and more everyday... And here I was thinking things would be such that I could escape the valley end of next week...
Just another baka gaijin
X-squid
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Major Lazer » Fri May 08, 2020 4:41 pm

You can. That will technically be the start of phase one.

Getting tired of watching people surf on the cam, which is kinda going off as I type this, and hearing locals whine and moan. Our fearless leaders in Oregon need to figure out how to provide ALL surfers access to the ocean. Yes valleys too. Surfing is exercise and social distancing pretty much. Keep the campgrounds closed and no sitting on the beach, but if boat ramps and ski resorts are opening, so should coastal access to the ocean. The way the data is trending its time. If people are scare they need to stay home. Otherwise I think its about time to set some guidelines and open the access to the ocean.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Fri May 08, 2020 7:37 pm

In regards to the lame and laughable attempt to privatize a portion of CK-- Surfrider is currently working towards a resolution between property owners and land management, attributing the issue to "an imperfect Foredune Management Plan for Pacific City" (imagine that). As far as I know, the lame and laughable "fence" was removed as well. Laughably, Surfrider also scrubbed their IG of the original post because of mean comments, which apparently were "impeding" dialogue. :lol:

But you all probably know this already-- just figured I'd close the loop.

[insert additional whining here]
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby McDing » Tue May 12, 2020 12:35 am

Well the Cape Mafia has been on the expanse of late. Brew pubs in every town, new hotel and fancy smancy restaurant. They recently leveled the Bay House in Lincoln City at Siletz Bay and began a ground up build on another Brew Pub. As soon as this thing started they laid off 90% of their employees and offered free delivery on food orders for up to 30 miles. The idea being to use up all food stocks that were in inventory. Even people who appear to have that kind of .money are usually heavily leveraged to California banks and private investors. They can’t hold out forever. The Gov is talking of July 6. So Dory Days are canceled and the Fourth of July isn’t happening. Big $$ makers for the Elite in PC.
McDing
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Howly Wolf » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:25 pm

howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:24 pm

We knew it was coming. :|
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby bluesilver » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:53 pm

$55/year, nbd
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Howly Wolf » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Yeah, I’ll pony up eventually I’m sure. More expensive than a Discover pass or 2 year OR state park pass though. :roll:
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby wanty » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 pm

Also, voice your concern over proposal to ban beach driving (exception to dory launchers)?

comment here:
https://www.oregon.gov/oprd/PRP/Pages/P ... iving.aspx

press here:
https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/ ... 894304001/
wanty
Site Admin

Postby bluesilver » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Howly Wolf wrote:Yeah, I’ll pony up eventually I’m sure. More expensive than a Discover pass or 2 year OR state park pass though. :roll:

Thanks Trump
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:44 pm

I thought driving on the beach was a done deal, but because the county never planned for additional parking I think they are trying to keep it open? Reading through the public comments most are for the banning. Will be a loss of content for the Kooks of the Cape Insta feed.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Next

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf