Change font size   Print view

The Art of Giving

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

The Art of Giving

Postby Tex » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:31 am

So I have been blessed to be able to acquire boards any time I have wanted over the past 30 years. After going through my current quiver, I realized that there were some boards I would probably never ride again. I also know there have been some surfers that have hit hard times due to COVID-19 and I wanted to give one away.

I brought a custom Hammer board down to Gorge Performance, it is a hybrid 6'5 swallow tail with a CLEANLINE sticker on it.
I have donated the board to them and they are going to try and figure out a cool way to give it to the right person.

If you all know someone that might really benefit from a free (fairly good shape) hybrid board, iDM me and I can let Gorge Performance know we might have found a good home for it.

I trust this group so I am hoping its not picked up by somebody that ends up re-selling it for cash. My vision is that a fellow surfer comes across it at the right place and the right time and that the board is ridden again and provides some stoke.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Re: The Art of Giving

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:38 am

I saw one guy in Seattle selling boards and donating directly to Memorial and Justice Funds. They were nice board too.

Oh edit..... you may try Warm Current if they are still around. They were doing outreach on the reservations teaching kids how to surf. I think one of the main dudes lives in the NE Alberta hood or did.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:11 pm

Zzz
Last edited by Howly Wolf on Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Tex » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Hey those are great ideas guys!! Really like the idea of working with the tribes! "Gee why didnt I think of that"??????
Tex

Postby Howly Wolf » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:02 pm

Zzz
Last edited by Howly Wolf on Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Tex » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 am

Turns out that all my boards are fairly small and chippy, not ideal for the beginner surfer. I am looking into a 7 or 8 foot fun board that will give him more stability. Checked out some Torq's at Gorge....minimal investment for the beginner to catch waves early and experience the glide.
Tex

Postby Tex » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:21 am

Now I am imagining commissioning a set long boards with specific art that represents the tribes of Makah and Quileute...fun to daydream.
Tex

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf