Change font size   Print view

Deep Freeze Sessions

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Deep Freeze Sessions

Postby bluesilver » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:39 am

Tex is now Big Brother
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Tex » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:29 am

BLUE....Remove the a-hole off your wiener
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby BOX » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:48 pm

Got in a quick dawn patrol session before work today. Missed more waves than a blind man at a homecoming parade, but it was nice to get in the water.
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Major Lazer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Finally broke the dry spell on Wed!! 1st spot flooded and got there early too. Winter bar may be kinda done as well. Worked until lunch and N wind started to puff so blasted south. Good conditions, side offshore, and sunny, but shape looked meh. Wasn't sure I really missed poopsands not having been down there in quite some time. In fact I didn't. Caught one off the bat, slopey AF, sluggish, but peeling and allowed for a few wrapping turns that felt kinda good. Also I didn't feel as slow as I thought I would getting to my feet and syncing. Perhaps white wave and pulling on the bands has helped maintain the midlife mans wave kii? :D As the water drained, which was as cold as it gets, eventually synced in to some punchy peaky lefts between 2nd and 3rd. Unfortunately there was a bit of a rat pack of 20 somethings noobs and clueless soft topper droppers. Had a few good ones where someone was in the way, had to stall out the bottom turn, miss the bash, and almost run out of speed. Frustrating because those were here and there :evil: Eventually the sheep moved north and midlife man was able to get few good ones. Awoooo!. This weening post Covid spring summer is gonna be zoooed AF.

Kinda stoked or just surf deprived, came back today hoping for open beachies. Checked em all. Last one I ended up at, you know.... the new Cannon Beach, had 15 heads and was barely surfable on a log :lol: 10 years ago no one woulda paddled on this. Skunked, don't have a log and if I did prob would of maybe dipped... well maybe not man that water is cold right now. Typical Spring Oregon sarf. Bring a few beers and make the best and enjoy the sunshine! Midlife man out.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Howly Wolf » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Zzz
Last edited by Howly Wolf on Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:06 am

Couple quiet ones the last few days had me reminiscing of times of old. Sessions definitely to be filed in the spring dept, fluffy wind swell without much umpfff, but pretty fun long running rights yesterday in the sunshine. Out of tune, out of snyc, and feeling kind of old even on the trusty chunky ole quad fish. :? Craigslist board purge for higher volume alt craft contemplation is becoming a regular feedback loop. :roll:
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf