Change font size   Print view

OSP"Newbies"

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

OSP"Newbies"

Postby Tex » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:51 am

Since 2018 (3 years now) we have had 5 new OSP members! I wanted to call out Clamchowder, Rizenshine, dtrn, Intern, and Box and thank them for joining this crusty old outpost of the internet. Special props go to Box for his level of contributions to the reports and story sharing.

We are exploring ways to make it easier to join the forum. Wanty and I are looking how to enable surfers to join without getting forma approval.

Anway, super stoked to have new blood contributing to the OSP, keep up the posts, we enjoy the dialogue and stories!

Tex
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Re: OSP"Newbies"

Postby INTERN » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Glad to have this resource. As relatively new to the PNW, this place has been a great hub of not only surf knowledge but the area in general. I've been off the surf radar recently in favor of white and 2wheeled waves, but looking forward to spring.

There is something to stumbling on to this forum and learning to decipher versus joining a public facebook group. And maybe that has to do with the experience level and knowledge here? but it's a sweet little gem!
INTERN
Plover Murderer

Postby Tex » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:06 pm

INTERN- stoked to hear about the time your getting on the slopes and the bikes. I think the cool thing about the OSP is that nobody here is trying to hype themselves or get thumbs up/likes. It would be interesting to add up the years of all the surfers posting on the OSP....AND the fact that we are all happy to share the wisdom gained over the years.

i am at 31 years of surfing now....just realized that.....kinda trippin.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby BOX » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:26 pm

Special props go to Box for his level of contributions to the reports and story sharing

And here I was thinking that I post too much... :oops:

I find a lot of value in this forum as a resource. There's not many (any?) other places where people discuss surfing specifically on the OR coast and the PNW. You guys joke about being old and crusty but you all have been nothing but welcoming to me. I sincerely appreciate all of your answers to my kooky questions and all of the advice and support you all have given to me during my time here. Seriously, thanks to all. May karma grant you many clean swells and perfectly groomed waves in return...
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf