Change font size   Print view

How I let everyone know I'm not a dabbler

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

How I let everyone know I'm not a dabbler

Postby INTERN » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:59 am

Just got this hat to let the Cannon Beach barista know I checked surfline this morning..

https://shop.orparksforever.org/collect ... on-edition

Some of the merch I kinda dig, and now I know about the Oregon Coast Trail. Might be some good back/ bike camping options
INTERN
Plover Murderer

Re: How I let everyone know I'm not a dabbler

Postby Major Lazer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Kinda cool. Down with the parks. And cant go wrong with 6 panel Dad hat.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby BOX » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:37 pm

The Oregon Coast Trail is awesome. Haven’t hiked the whole thing, but have done portions up and down the coast. I’ve done the section between Cummins Creek and Smelt Sands in Yachats (and probably even up past Waldport) more times than I can count. It’s a fantastic stretch.

A few years back I was out hiking the OCT and started up a conversation with a lady carrying a backpack full of gear. She told me that she’d done the whole length three times and was thru-hiking it again so she could write a book on it. Turns out she did: https://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Oregon ... 0976838761

I’m pretty sure I saw one of those OCT hats in the back of my wife’s car. She does a lot of work with the parks on the coast so she probably was gifted one somewhere down the line. NGL, I’d probably wear that Oswald West one unironically.
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Major Lazer » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:36 pm

Nice BOX! I was a ranger naturalist at the Cape in the late 90s and used to get paid to hike those trials, talk to visitors, and identify areas in need of maintenance. That's a great stretch! My fav stretch is probably just north of Brookings. From Harris Beach SP to Cape Sebastian. Worked for OSP for a few seasons in college and we did trial maintenance on that section every June. 8)
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby BOX » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:00 pm

That's awesome, Major. That would be my dream job. I love Cape Perpetua. It's one of my most favorite places on earth, for real. For anyone reading along, if you've never been, you should go and spend some time there exploring. You won't regret it.

A couple years back the wife and I hiked the OCT from just south of Gold Beach down to Cape Sebastian. It was fantastic. Pistol River is another a gorgeous spot in that area, especially at low tide.

Up north, the Neahkhanie Mountain trail down to SS has some pretty sweet views and the Bayocean Spit has some interesting history to it. Cape Kiwanda, Cape Lookout, Cascade Head... Hmmm... makes me wonder how much of the 363 miles I could piece together...
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf