Change font size   Print view

Exploring A Different Approach

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Exploring A Different Approach

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:44 pm

Kinda wish I would of had a LB over the holiday. Waves were mostly closely, but might of been able to slide into a few more corners. Really the only time I want a LB is when I am over with my fam where I am not planning around swell and conditions. Had a 9' Takayama on loan for a while that was good for that, but buddy took it back. Def would have one if I still lived coastal, but no interest rn. I don't just surf in the summer either, usually 1-4 times a week all year round. You mention hiking a LB down to Shorties, a hike I mostly avoid anyways, but would be interesting with LB.

Age is just a number IMO, but I've been upping length and volume on all my boards. At one point I was riding a 5'6" Superbuzz, but my new small wave fish is 5'11". Not sure I'd go any smaller than a 5'10" x 20"+, 2.75"+or- these days. My fishes and mid surf pretty much anything I bother driving for. Maybe LB in 5 or so years. Currently 5"9' quad fish (soon to be retired to my folks place back in the ocean state), 5'11" twiny fish, 5'11" chunky 80's style squash SB (kinda regret not going 6'0 on this board TBH, next SB will be a 6'1" or 6"2" Pyzalien or similar swallow tail DD design) 6'3" stock Ghost (upping to stock 6'4"), 7'1' HP Egg aka Midlenghth, and soon to order unless something pops up on used market 7' or 7'2" "fun gun" similar to Holy Moly or M23.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby smithgrind » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:39 pm

Major Lazer wrote: You mention hiking a LB down to Shorties, a hike I mostly avoid anyways, but would be interesting with LB..

You might find the hike interesting with an LB if you like laborious tasks. Not sure what floats your goat exactly.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Tex » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:31 pm

Hiking up the trail with the LB is no big deal at all....switched arms once or twice that was about it.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Major Lazer » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:24 pm

A labor of love perhaps? If I am not mistaken, I seem to recall running into SG, Foulweather, and Tippy many moons ago down at the spot with the big hike. Pretty sure 2 out of 3 had LB's and it wasn't the Foul one. He was prob on the quad fish kick of the mid to late 2Gs back then. Now that's fookin a haul with a log!
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby BOX » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:17 am

Find me on the 9'6 between LC and Beverly

Looks like our zones overlap, Intern. I get north of Beverly about 2-4 times/month for early week evening sessions, depending on how things look at the lighthouse as I’m driving north.

Shoot me a PM if you (or anyone else on here) are ever near the punchbowl and want to meet up. Or to know if I’m around and if you should avoid the place out of fear for your own safety… :lol:
BOX
Ten barrel mullet

Postby smithgrind » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:44 am

Major Lazer wrote:A labor of love perhaps? If I am not mistaken, I seem to recall running into SG, Foulweather, and Tippy many moons ago down at the spot with the big hike. Pretty sure 2 out of 3 had LB's and it wasn't the Foul one. He was prob on the quad fish kick of the mid to late 2Gs back then. Now that's fookin a haul with a log!

I love being able to feel my fingers, hands and forearms when I do the long walk these days. That was a long, long
time ago. :lol:
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:02 pm

Haha that was..... time flys! A good season from what I recall :?: I think Pra was down there that day too. Kinda getting to old for that walk. Looking at ebikes to rip up beach and to other off the beaten path spots 8) :lol:
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Hey Kunce! » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:03 pm

Tex wrote:I struggled violently for months

f@#K me, kunt, I like that.

Love you kunce.
See you next Tuesday?
Hey Kunce!
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby Tex » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:30 pm

Now the struggle is a bit mellower as I try to wrangle this 9'1 into position for the waist high rollers ;)
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:29 am

Tex wrote:Now the struggle is a bit mellower as I try to wrangle this 9'1 into position for the knee high rollers ;)

Fixed for upcoming forecast. Still betta than sweating it out in Gotham I guess.
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf