Change font size   Print view

The Tribe:

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Are you a tribal member?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 35

Postby SoCalBarger » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:32 pm

Goat.
SoCalBarger
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:05 pm

2tone wrote:Bison - one foot in each world.. I can totally relate to that. Although, I'd really like to ditch one of them... but I get paid quite decently, have good benefits and am pretty much taken care of if anything goes wrong or when I retire, so as much as I want to ditch the one world.. I'm just either too much of a coward to do so or as some have said 'don't be stupid, you have a good job.. keep it'

That's me totally. I went from a snowboard stoke that's taken place over the past 5-6 years (and is still strong as ever) and found a new, surf stoke. I've been, roughly 15 times and only a handful have been on the coast here in Oregon. I just get myself caught up in too much work cause I'm the F***ing new guy at the office.

I'm a full-blooded tribe member. Me and a few good buddies, when we make it to the coast, are more stoked then anyone on the water. Listenin to some old school Methods of Mayhem rockin out the whole way there, to longboarding in the parking lots after a sesh with a beer in our hands. I love the sh*t.

I'm not nearly as capable out there as probably 90% of the surfers on this site. But, I'm out there when I can be, and I respect everyone around me. I've yet to encounter some local brew-ha from any fellow surfers...but I'm waiting. I love being underestimated and kicking @ss with the fellas.

Every local fella I've met, around the world, be it in a surf shop or in the line-up has been social and cool with me.

If you get stoked to read the message board and hear about ones' session on dawn patrol before your @ss sits in your office for eight hours....your a member (of various degrees).
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Dr Sloth » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:06 pm

BlueandWhite wrote:So, am I just some goat boater or am I a surfer? You decide…

I would say wave rider. Nothing wrong with that.

From Webster's Online Dictionary

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/surfer

Surfer
Noun
1. Someone who engages in surfboarding.

Source: WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/surfboarding

Surfboarding
Noun
1. The sport of riding a surfboard toward the shore on the crest of a wave.

Source: WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

or,

In other words:

For the happy and computer nerd types:

Big Promises + Secrecy x Fast Track = Liquid Natural Gas (LNG)
We don't need no stinkin LNG

Sign the No LNG petition --> http://www.rainforestwildlife.org/No%20LNG.htm
Dr Sloth
baitfish expert

Postby nm » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:27 pm

Sloth...........I can see that new job of yours is keepin' you rrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaallllllll busy. :lol:
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby pro moe » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:59 pm

goat boaters right there with tea baggers
with few exceptions outta control kooks
pro moe
duck diving fool

Postby The Betty » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:07 pm

nothing wrong with a nice t-bag.
The Betty

Postby Swiss_Tony » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:53 pm

The Betty wrote:nothing wrong with a nice t-bag.

While one would assume Tony drinks tea, he actually prefers coffee because making a cup of coffee is not unlike making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir...gently, and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

Best regards

ST
Naked and alone. No one is watching.
Swiss_Tony
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby guppy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:00 am

blue and white I feel your pain....

we can have our own tribe and make war with the socalbungholes in the water!

I don't give a flying french toast what you lint lickers ride...

doesn't matter if your not dropping in as deep as me, or getting pitted as me, or blasting airs like me, or having as much fun as me....

if your out in the water I respect you and your efforts!

until you snake me...

then I'll just spit on you and paddle away.
guppy
late takeoffs, that's how I roll......

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf