Change font size   Print view

The Tribe:

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Are you a tribal member?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 35

Postby To'skookin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:43 pm

"I wouldn't want to belong to a "tribe" who would have someone like me as a member."

I just like to surf, but I don't necessarily like surfers... "we" can be the biggest kooks I've known. tO
To'skookin
Plover Murderer

two

Postby Search and Destroy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:48 pm

Saigon shakes wrote:Just because I surf doesn't mean I belong to some brotherhood or tribe or team with you and the rest of your passive-agressive, hypocritical, in touch with your feelings, I'll kick your @ss but I'm in touch with the earth moon and stars B.S. Yep I surf, your a chump, and it's not only your eye that stinks. I think you get the point. I dont like you and just because with surf the same peak sometimes doesnt mean we share some stupid packed. You damn butt-rockin, @ss kicking, hippie.
:shock: I'm sensing a liiiittle anger here. No need to get angry just surf cause you want to surf man! :?
"LIVE FREE" Die In "PEACE"
Search and Destroy
have I shown you the swing room?

Postby 2tone » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:33 pm

To'skookin wrote:I just like to surf, but I don't necessarily like surfers... "we" can be the biggest kooks I've known. tO

..um, I would agree partly and disagree partly. I don't necessarily like all surfers either.. I like lots of them but not all... I think that it's not 'surfers' that we are describing here but just people in general, surfers or not.. You are bound to like some and dislike some... So that would equate to surfers, snowboarders, co-workers, family members, etc.

Tribal? Hell, why not... It's always nice to feel like you belong to something, doesn't it? I guess that would depend on what it is you are belonging to... Depending on that, it could be hell or heaven...

smithgrind wrote:
2tone wrote:.. no, please.. please don't take may medication away from me.. I need it.. please... have compassion... NO.. NO FRIGIN WAY ARE YOU TAKING THE B BBBONG AWAY!! It's.. it's .. it's MY precious.. he wants to steals our preciouses from us.. must not let him takes our precious, please don't takes our precious... HE'S a thief. Take him down.. take him downs before he steals our precious! :shock:

Uhm...sounds like you need to make an appointment with
Your Black Dr. before this gets terminal.

I am deeply touched by your concern.. Must be the tribal thing :lol: ... Does it really matter if it's terminal though? With every breath, we are all heading closer to our graves. :?
2tone

Postby thurgood jenkins » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:47 am

Thats real deep, wanna make out?
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Re: The Tribe:

Postby garbagebagwillies » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:37 am

Wilbur Kookmeyer wrote:That is what this is. This art of it. A tribe. A universal tribe.

It does not matter that Doc and Honk are peaceful. That Doc after a couple beers will tel you how much of an a-hole you are while Honk will likely meditate.

It does not matter that SooLoo and I are aggressive.

It does not matter that Koon and Fish and NMM will drink you under the table while Sparky sips his grape knee high.

It does not matter that some of us truly rip, while others flounder in the creek.

WE are all part of the same tribe.

Different people, different backgrounds, different politics, different approaches, but one major commonality....a sworn oath to the faith. A personal choice to be part of this tribe for the rest of our lives.

Maybe not everyone has made that commitment yet....but most of us have. We know in our hearts that we will belong to this tribe for life.

There is a lot you have to go through and prove to be a full member of the tribe, but once in....you will never leave.

I one is aggressive to another in the water...it is just their approach.

It does not take from the idea that we are all related. That we are all brothers and sisters.

I will continue to push people in the water...it is what I do..it is the purpose I serve in the tribe.

But...I will...look upon my brothers and sisters as part of a whole...as opposed to outsiders in my world.

Welcome to the tribe....

This sounds like it was suppose to be in that 8 miles movie with eminem.
When is this school thing going to be over with???
garbagebagwillies
Plover Murderer

Postby Bison » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:15 am

yo junksack,
what's with quoting everyones posts in entirety?? We've all seen it...no need to reiterate everything....why waste the cyber space bro??
no weak heart shall prosper
Bison
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby Koo Nass » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:18 am

Bison wrote:yo junksack,
what's with quoting everyones posts in entirety?? We've all seen it...no need to reiterate everything....why waste the cyber space bro??

Yeah! whats up with that?
Koo Nass

Postby Bison » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:35 am

[-X
no weak heart shall prosper
Bison
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby Jacob » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:21 am

Anyone out there got any hazing stories from when they were a grom?
Jacob
I do it Beavertail style

Postby SooLoo » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:30 am

One time I dropped in on a guy and we hit boards, his got a little ding. I pop up out of the foam to have him punch me in the face, pull out a knife and cut my cord sending me swimming back to the beach. It all happened pretty fast. Later at the shower he and his crew surround me and tell me they are going to kick my a$$! So it's one on 4 and I hold my own for a few seconds before being overrun. I'm taking a pretty good beating when suddenly Bodey arrives out of nowhere! I didn't even see him in the water. Anyway we proceed to kick the hell out of those fags for a while and went on to be good buds.

Till I caught him robbing a bank :?
SooLoo

Postby thurgood jenkins » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:39 am

"okay this is where you tell me about locals rule and how yuppies insects like me don't belong at the break" Utah
"That would be a waste of time" Anthony Keidis
"We're just gonna f&ck you up" war child aka lumptin pitman

Sweetest movie ever.
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:47 pm

So where are we now?

Am I still in teh tribe? Yes.

Have I wanted to leave it? Yes.

Will I ever be allowed to leave it? No.

I am still a member.

What about you?
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby intrepid » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:02 pm

I belong to the ocean.
I pray that she treats me well.
She graces me with rides.
And blesses me with swell.
intrepid
I tube ride side saddle

Postby Stiffler » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:44 am

still
Last edited by Stiffler on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stiffler

Postby redliner » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:23 am

Present.
It always gets good after everyone leaves.
redliner
neoprene queen

PreviousNext

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf