Change font size   Print view

Kelly Slater

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Should he go for number 9?

Yes...and number 10..
33%
No...he should freesurf and make movies.
6%
who cares..
61%

Total votes : 18

Postby backyardshaper » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:35 pm

I took a guitar building class with Slater from a Luthier in Fla near Manatee Springs.
backyardshaper
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby gills » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:41 pm

wow, it would sure suck to have to be censored at work. I forget what it's like to be one of those people with a real job. Sorry, guys.
gills

Postby Trula » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:21 pm

I am not censored it is just that I don't think that some of the OSP content is appropriate for my worplace. Plus I am a public employee and we don't want to start any scandals now do we?
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby thugnomoe » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:42 pm

thurgood jenkins wrote:It'd be nice to see someone else win it for a change. But 8 times champ is definately a massive acheivement.

Yeah..I'd actually like to see Bobby Martinez win it...the guy is so humble..and has an amazing heart...plus..he struggled on the QS for years trying to qualify...and he tore it up at 'chopes and mundaka..

I'm not a huge Andy Irons fan..mostly his attitude bothers me...and I definitely don't want to see the crown go to an Aussie...
thugnomoe
I love a good soft top

Postby thurgood jenkins » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:42 pm

Yeah next year I'd like to see Taj and Bobby battle for the crown. Taj looked like he was on his way but lost momentum through the middle of the year...

The Aussies deserve a title, they have so many talented surfers and Parko, Deano, and Taj are all good enough to win it all.

Bobby is great for the sport, it's nice to see a young goofy footer killing it, also the west coast once again has the best representation it's had in some time with both Taylor Knox and Bobby Martinez having excellent years.

It's been a good year though I was hoping for more of a title race that would have been closer where we wouldn't know the winner until Hawaii, it makes it more exciting that way and to have the title decided in crappy conditions doesn't really do it justice....
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Hump » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:05 pm

"What he should really focus on at this point in his career is humping me."

I know I'm a bit late, but leave me out of thiis will ya?

I'm already taken. :D

Take care.
The name Hump?
Well, it all started off innocently enough.....
Hump
shorepounder

Postby Ceedog » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:51 am

I could care less, really. To me its seems as though, at this point, he's just drawing a paycheck. How many more titles do you need? Unless he's that much of a competitor, get out while your on top. Then he could make an Occy comeback just to prove he's still got it.

If it was me(ha ha) I would buy an island somewhere with consistent swell and chill.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf