Change font size   Print view

They call them selves surfers now?

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Would you roll with a sponger?

Poll ended at Fri May 04, 2007 2:14 pm

yes cause Im a loser
45%
Hell no, I have some self respect
25%
I vote to lock this thread
30%
For dinner I ate.....
No votes

Total votes : 20

Postby Gazsurf » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 am

This is amongst the most friendly anti-sponger pages on the web............
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Spanky » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 pm

Surfing is fun no matter what you're riding.
No one knows what a spot of time is till all the world is water and then the air is gone.
Spanky
cross stepping..... stumble bum

Postby BlueandWhite » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:26 pm

You win. Your way is better and I am wrong, you are right. But I have a lot of fun being wrong. Besides, I don't want your knowledge or your guiding light, I enjoy discovering all these different places and learning how they work on my own. Maybe that's what keeps me doing it, there are so few of us I don't have to waste my time arguing about who's better or who's right. You enjoy the ocean your way that's your priviledge, but its not your right to tell me how I should. I'm going to keep doing what I love and you can keep whining about it...
"It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity."
- A. Einstein
BlueandWhite
Plover Murderer

Postby SoCalBarger » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:17 pm

I don't care what crutch you ride to make it easier, it's NOT surfing if you're not standing.
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.ā€¯
Bruce Lee
SoCalBarger
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby SoCalBarger » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:19 pm

Now I'm pissed! I just noticed I'm a farking rollerskater.
C'mon Doc, help a brother out.
What did I ever do to you? :lol:
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.ā€¯
Bruce Lee
SoCalBarger
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby Gazsurf » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:28 pm

Doc has nothing to do with it, it's that Nasty character's work............what's a Mooninite anyway?
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby the dude » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:35 pm

there was this one time i rolled with a sponge. considering my skill level, a reason i was glad was beucase i made it out into surf that was otherwise hazardous for my board and i. i was surprised to see how fast you can actaully move when paddling and kicking at the same time. duck diving was fairly easy. walking backwards was a bit tricky. i was scowled at by a surfer while sttruggling in ankle high water.

if you want to be strictly a surfboard surfer, but want to up your game in conditions that otherwise may pose a hazazrd to you when on a surfboard, try out a body board.
the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Postby Ceedog » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:06 pm

I will usually only sponge in shorebreak. I've had just as much fun in headhigh SB as anything else. I wouldn't drive all the way out to the beach for it though.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby rveesurfdawg » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:46 am

Fukk you all. I was bodyboarding Short Sands before any of you even moved to Oregon. Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall. You name it. It was s i c k man. Lightning storms and mildew. Eat my shorts you haters. Eat em already. . .

Argggggggg.

Oh and Honey?
You can eat a bag of dicks..

u know from Seattle?[/i]
Kinda hard tellin not knowin. .
rveesurfdawg
Last year's hot surfer

Postby scratchchance » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:56 am

You know, some of my closet friends are standup surfers :twisted:
All I have to say is if you are a sponger or a stand up, walk the walk, dont talk to talk.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
Jim Elliot
scratchchance
I wax the bottom of my board

Postby SooLoo » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:00 pm

I think I should have one at least lying around somewhere. There are those days...
SooLoo

Postby Tyedog » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:31 pm

andyjade wrote:I'm not really sure if you were directing that at me.
Nope no at you, I I was justreached that point that this board always brings me to and lost it after reading all the (most of the) previous posts. I noticed a lack of anybody whom acually ride a bodyboard piping up . Truth be told Im glad people hate me cuz I only lie down when I surf.... I mean spunj....I mean desacrate good waves with my weak and pathetic waveriding style..... or so I would have you belieive as i snake ur lama$$es. The way I read it is some people get upset cause I only put in half the effort and get twice the s ick pitts that suck yhall ( most of yhall) over like a bobbing bouy flotsom barnicall beach floaters and impregnate your with inards with salty sand water and ocassionaly sealife and bacteria. and my urin. man my ballz itch
Last edited by Tyedog on Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyedog

Postby Tyedog » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:33 pm

chickenlickers changed my post again
Tyedog

Postby Tyedog » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:00 pm

gills wrote:I've surfed just about over 700 sessions in my life.
I think Ive had 3 years/seasons(fall,WINTER,SpRIng) in C.cali that excceded your lifetime total. Only cause I was blessed with cash and didnt have to slave/work to survive. Now my body is litteraly falling apart from all the poundings and 6 hour sessions durring HSA's. But that just make me laugh even harder cause some of these fools would be dead if they tried to jump off the piont when its maxxing out and no one else is out and it still dark causes its 4:49 in the am and it dont get light till 5:10 but your soooo friggen amped that you halluciate that first glimps of light over the hills that you find yourself flying off the cliff and wayyy outside before you realize that it was not. Some kooks make them selfes feel good by being as down on others and they should be on themselfs. I say let them. Maybe it will serve as insight at a latter time to show just how backwards we think. I used to have the same compunctions about longhoarders but it never got me anywhere but pissed and fuming and not have a good time when I waverided on my peice of shi foam cunk eskilidspeedbumphalfmantamponteabagdikdraggerretardedkookmobile my ears itch Moderated.....
Tyedog

Postby H2O » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:08 pm

Oh and Honey?
You can eat a bag of dicks..

Ditto. Honey sounds like the real loser. Gotta take someone down to make her game.
H2O
Mermaided

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf