Change font size   Print view

Water, hops, barley and malt.

If you've had an especially good (or bad!) experience with a surf product or service (i.e. surfboard, wetsuit, surf camp, shaper, video, etc), share your opinion with the rest of us. Nobody really cares, but knock yourself out. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, nm

Postby pra_ggresion » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:05 am

The US has grown an excess of food for the last 50 years. The problem is of getting it to the hungry people.

How do you keep a mormon from drinking your beer while fishing. Bring another mormon.

I get ya. you're just covering your bases in case another mormon might associate this sight with you drinking. Your secrets safe here; bring on the brew. I mean beer tastes like butt.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby grizldoldfk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:39 am

wouldn't know...
i never ate bear ...
or poo...
and i prefer "smart @ss" to "dumb f..k"
but whatever.

ales what cures you.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby pickleweed » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Griz Wrote:
and i prefer "smart @ss" to "dumb f..k[/quote]

Sorry Griz, I was drunk. I tend to get more belligerent when I'm drunk

These girls were sitting around talking about this fancy beer and that fancy beer and this girl I was into (brown haired, freckle faced cutie{I'm a sucker for freckles}) asked me what my favorite beer was

I told her the truth.

Budweiser.

It was a deal breaker.

That and the old spice deodorant my grandma got me for christmas that she saw in my backpack, lol
pickleweed

Postby grizldoldfk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:45 pm

no sweat. but, were you drunk on milk? or budwieser?
budweiser +milk+old spice= i'm surprised they didn't all jump in your lap.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby pickleweed » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:04 pm

grizldoldfk wrote:no sweat. but, were you drunk on milk? or budwieser?
budweiser +milk+old spice= i'm surprised they didn't all jump in your lap.

I know. If I were to go to Etheopia I'd probably have quite the dowry. I'd probably be able to get two or thee wives out of tha deal.
pickleweed

Postby pickleweed » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:35 pm

But seriously, I know I should have lied, but I have no game.

Sometimes I think, I mean I know, chicks want you to lie despite whatever they say about honesty this, honesty that.

For example, when I first started surfing, I told this chick, "I surf." She asked me if I was good, and I said, "I pretty much suck." Later, like much later, she said, “I think your just being modest, you’re probably a really good surfer“. I said no, “I pretty much suck.” She actually looked really disappointed, lol.

I once heard my best freind, Jake, who was as prolific as Wilt Chaimberlain say to a tourist girl once, “Ya, I was actually the valedictorian of my highschool.” Which is all well and good, but he dropped out of school in the tenth grade, lol. And do I really need to tell you, he sealed that deal, lol

BBD (bigger and better deal): It seems, whatever one of them is into, they will all go for the biggest and baddest of whatever that is. It doesn’t matter what it is, the biggest and baddest environmentalist, the biggest and baddest christian, the biggest and baddest surfer, lol It doesn't matter, whoever is the biggest and baddest in that particular group. And all of them, in that group, will go for that guy, and when he cheats, well, then, "all guys are pigs,"LOL

Someday, scientists will discover that the neural pathway to the female orgasm goes directly through a part of the brain that determines whether or not she percieves that the male she is fornicating with is an alpha or not. (but it makes the world go round, eh)

Ladies... Lying may not be such a bad thing. In fact, it might actually help you to get there (I,Y,K,W,I,M) If you know what I mean.

And you have something to complain about later when your over it, “I can’t believe I fell for that. He told me he was in medical school and all he does is clean toilets.”LOL :cry:
pickleweed

Postby wyosurf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:28 pm

maybe if you liked the barleypop the ladies would like you :roll: I like the milk for breakfast, but beers are better & putting me to sleep. if animals stop drinking milk, they stop producing lactase, thus becoming lactose intolrant.

back on topic, block 15 aboriginal is one of the most complex beers i have ever had. so many different flavors... if you think bannana, it tastes like bannana, unfortunately at some point i thought laundry detergent & it was kinda like drinking downy. then this week the brewmaster puts out the super aboriginal... not better than the original :( just sweeter... might be good on ice cream.
http://block15.com/
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
--Lucius Annaeus Seneca
wyosurf
I've got Daddy issues

Postby grizldoldfk » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 am

mmmm.
you know what's good on ice cream?
north coast brewery's old rasputin russian imperial stout.
try it and let me know what you thnik.
i had it on breyers natural vanilla.
it's pretty much amazing.
guinness extra stout works okay, but not the same contrast in flavors.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby wetchicken » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:25 am

picked up a bottle of HEE-BREW

the chosen beer

not bad
wetchicken
duck diving fool

Postby Ceedog » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Are you gonna start observing sabbath now? Gets me out of mowing the lawn.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby grizldoldfk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:07 pm

my sweet wife asked if i had any requests from the grocery store.
beer.
so she brings home sierra nevada anniversary ale.
huh?
it was on sale and guinness is too expensive and i'm not paying that for that.
okay.
i drank one and a half.
the first part of the first one was refreshing, but beyond that, it was kinda lame.
i found a bottle of gato negro cabernet in the pantry and just went there, you know?
i love her, but sometimes i don't know what she is thinking.
i know what you women are saying.
"she's thinking guinness is too much and she's not going to pay that for that."
well. sometimes, in some machines, you can't just put in regular gas.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby riverjetty » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Beer on ice cream. You guys are gonna kill me. I used to love cheap american lagers, red dog, budweiser, but when I hit the forty year mark something changed, and I think it's my livers tolerance for the preservatives and crap. I drink a few Buds, headache and hangover, I drink a few micro-brews and everything is cool. Strange, in a Skully and Mulder kind of way.
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards

Postby grizldoldfk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:18 pm

if you like your beer like trula likes her men...
sheaf is still under three bucks a pop.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby grizldoldfk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:49 pm

oh c'mon trula...where are ya girl?...
that was funny...

*my wife sold her kidney and brought home not one, but TWO sheafs for her man. (i hope he'll let me have some.)
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby Trula » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:22 pm

What how did I just get drug into this.

My boy just got a Prius 2 days ago and is a Democrat. He also just bottled his first batch of homebrew. Something that smells that bad cannot taste good. Oh and the only thing I will drink when we are out fishing is water so don't worry about me stealing your beer now no guarantees if it is Code Black Mountain Dew but they dont make that anymore.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

PreviousNext

Return to Consumer Reports (Boring)