Change font size   Print view

The H Bomb

If you've had an especially good (or bad!) experience with a surf product or service (i.e. surfboard, wetsuit, surf camp, shaper, video, etc), share your opinion with the rest of us. Nobody really cares, but knock yourself out. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, nm

thats for wimps

true
80%
i'm a wimp
20%

Total votes : 5

Postby WC » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 am

i touched one of these suits in the rip curl shop in SC week or so ago

it seemed fragile and had tags all over it saying to be VERY careful putting it on and off

dude in the store said they've sold about 80 so far, all over the phone or web, not one person has bought one in person and he said the large majority of them were going to customers in southern california

you know, the type of folk that buy the new years car model every year, even without seeing it, let alone driving it

i went to the outlet the next day and bought last years model rip curl core 5/4/3 for 100 bucks even (talked em down from a sale price of 170 on a 240 dollar suit), brand new... and i was hot in it the last two days up here....
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby Trula » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:52 am

*deleted
Last edited by Trula on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby leashplug » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:40 pm

The big problem with the H-Bomb is the fact that the wetsuit itself (neoprene, seams, etc) will break down a lot sooner than the electronics. Rip Curl should have allowed the heating panel, controls and batteries to be transferred to a new suit so you don't have to spend $1200 each time.

I am also interested in the new 5/4 Patagonia hooded limestone wetsuit that just came out.
leashplug
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Previous

Return to Consumer Reports (Boring)