Change font size   Print view

SooLoo's Movie Review Section

If you've had an especially good (or bad!) experience with a surf product or service (i.e. surfboard, wetsuit, surf camp, shaper, video, etc), share your opinion with the rest of us. Nobody really cares, but knock yourself out. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, nm

SooLoo's Movie Review Section

Postby Doc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:16 pm

SooLoo

I read your review of Chasing Mavericks with great...no...unbridled...no...seething...no...frothing...yep...frothing interest...or maybe spewing...no...definitely frothing.

If it isn't too much to ask...I would love to hear any other reviews of films you have slept through.

Thanks in advance

Humbly

Doc

PS If you are not SooLoo and have slept through a film and would like to opine...that is allowed. However, you will have to suffer heckling from SooLoo as this is his "Section" and as such he is the Local.
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Re: SooLoo's Movie Review Section

Postby SooLoo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 am

Ok Doc my first review takes place in Saginaw Michigan. Men In Black III.

You are probably wondering why I would ever see this movie let alone pay for it. Answer: The seats in this particular theater are spectacular. Better than the bed in my hotel. I chose this particular film due to the fact that it was the only one that hadn't started yet and I didn't want to cheat myself out of 15 min of sleep.

The movie: I woke up with about 10 min left and spent most of that time trying to find the beers I must have kicked over in my slumber. The open full one was easy to find as I only had to follow the trail of frothy deliciousness to its final resting place. Men in Black were fighting off some sort of alien at the time but I was too busy trying to locate the 2 surviving beers to pay much attention.

By the time I found one of them the credits were rolling and I gave up on the second beer. I watched the credits while enjoying the survivor.

The credits were better that the movie.

More reviews to come...
SooLoo

Postby Doc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 am

So Men in Black III is a surf flick right?
Like black wetsuit/white surfboard?
Cool!

Doc
Doc

Jack Reacher

Postby SooLoo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 am

Jack Reacher

If you are a tit man (or woman) this movie is worth every cent.

So there is no surfing I'll just tell you right now, but if there was that would have ment the co-star chick would have been in a bikini which would have had me straight up punching the clown right there in the theater ( or going Fred Willard (thanks Fred)).

The movie is ok but the 10 or 15 minutes we get to spend with these blessed chesticals is, as I stated, worth it. It was more like Tom Cruise and his co-star chick AND the sweater meat. They should have had their own credit and if I had an Oscar vote those bad boys would get some red carpet time.

Oh and how they made Cruise the tallest guy in the movie I'll never know. How do you find that many decent looking 5'5" people?
SooLoo

Postby Doc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Lincoln

It was pretty good. Daniel Day Lewis looked just like Lincoln (as far as I know)...in fact if he wanted he probably could run as President and win. Just dress up like Lincoln. Who wouldn't vote for him? He was a Republican and Democrats love anyway.

Anyway, I think if Lincoln surfed, he would probably longboard. He'd definitely give you waves...he probably wouldn't back paddle or snake you but if the Civil war was between North & South along the Pacific Coast? I think the South would win...I dont know where the border would be...probably North of Santa Cruz.

The North surfers would be crustier and tougher but sheer numbers of the South would dominate...I think Hawaii would remain neutral for the most part but if they got sucked in they'd side with the South so we'd be doubly screwed.

The South's surfboard production is way more substantial so they'd basically be able to throw away their boards and just get new ones whereas in the North while the boards might have a heavier glassing schedule and more durable...they also just get more banged up and need repair all the time.

As far as T & A...there was really nothing going on in Lincoln...unless you think Sally Field (Gidget, I'll remind you) is hot. But again in a Civil War of the West Coast the South's morale would again be way higher...smoking hot chick wise.

Anyway, that's all I've got

Doc
Doc

Return to Consumer Reports (Boring)