Change font size   Print view

What are you reading right now?

If you've had an especially good (or bad!) experience with a surf product or service (i.e. surfboard, wetsuit, surf camp, shaper, video, etc), share your opinion with the rest of us. Nobody really cares, but knock yourself out. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, nm

Postby Spider » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:01 pm

now is the hour by tom spanbauer
Spider
I tube ride side saddle

Postby Critter » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:04 am

Job's body
Deane Juhan, Handbook for bodywork.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby thurgood jenkins » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:21 pm

Hegemony or Survival - America's Quest For Global Dominance

By Noam Chomsky
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Stiffler » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:21 pm

Just finished "Cannery Row" by Steinbeck, just starting "The Sea Wolf" by Jack London.
Stiffler

Food books

Postby twopoint » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:22 pm

Best summer readings yet-

Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl, which is by a food review critic for the New York times. She talks about why some food tastes great and why some dishes can be kind of off (yes, I'm trying to learn to cook so this was fascinating). She also covers her varied disguises in the restaurants. Also some recipes which look awesome but not really hard to create.

Second book, also great, is called Candy Freak by Steve Almond. Great, great book not only about candy in America but also kind of a slow biography about how food and emotional ties get twisted around. The cool twist on it is that he's a guy, and usually it's girls hitting the chocolate. The second cool twist is that he's a great, natural writer and the book is damn funny.

I'm a third of the way into Prep and so far that is pretty engaging. Borders has a four for three deal now (four books for the price of three on some books) and Prep was one of the books covered, hence, it's my new read. Yes, it's summer, so it's all about the stupid chick lit and cheese.

Summer is so good!
twopoint
Plover Murderer

Postby gills » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:46 pm

Two Years Before the Mast, by Dana
gills

Postby navier-stokes » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:46 am

gills wrote:Two Years Before the Mast, by Dana

tried reading that before and just could not get into the style of writing....may have to give it another go this month.....
upgrade your grey matter, 'cause some day it may matter
navier-stokes
Yay, I know the OSP fight song!

Postby kevinfromseattle » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:27 am

thurgood jenkins wrote:Hegemony or Survival - America's Quest For Global Dominance

By Noam Chomsky

both
kevinfromseattle

Postby Nasty » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:39 am

Duel by Thomas Fleming. A historical account of the fact leading up to the infamous duel between Aaron Burr & Alexander Hamilton, and the fallout afterwards.
Nasty

Postby Fish » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:10 pm

CS Forester, Horatio Hornblower series. Rumi, How to play Harmonica, and Canoecraft: an illustrated guide to fine woodstrip construction.
Fish
boogie boarders run ME over!

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:27 pm

Backcountry Snowboarding

-Christopher Van Tilburg

I'm buying a snowmobile once the winter hits since I'm stuck in Utah for work this fall/winter. Fresh powder and hits....heaven.
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby thurgood jenkins » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:29 pm

Nice. I'm jealous not of Utah, but the Sled.
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Nasty » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:55 pm

Snow2Sea wrote:Backcountry Snowboarding

-Christopher Van Tilburg

I'm buying a snowmobile once the winter hits since I'm stuck in Utah for work this fall/winter. Fresh powder and hits....heaven.

Wanna buy a transiever?
Nasty

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:15 pm

Is it an analog or digital transciever?

I have an old early 90's one that my parents used to make me wear when I'd be on the slopes alone back then...but it seems the new digital ones actually allow transmission of distance and elevation, and some even GPS coordinates instead of just periodcal beeps.

Avalanches scare the shite out of me
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Thrashador » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:49 pm

The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer
Thrashador
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

PreviousNext

Return to Consumer Reports (Boring)