Change font size   Print view

Surfline?

If you've had an especially good (or bad!) experience with a surf product or service (i.e. surfboard, wetsuit, surf camp, shaper, video, etc), share your opinion with the rest of us. Nobody really cares, but knock yourself out. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, nm

I don't subscribe to Surfline because....

I am the master PNW Swell Guru...
11%
I am broke as a joke....damn speeding tickets!!
42%
Whats "Surfline"?
21%
My meth habbit gets in the way...
16%
Because foretelling the future is a sin....
11%

Total votes : 19

Postby riverjetty » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:06 pm

Trunk Monkey wrote:
Liverjaundice,

How'd you know?
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards

Postby thugnomoe » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:06 pm

we're on it now..."End of the Road"
thugnomoe
I love a good soft top

Postby the dude » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:26 pm

i was convinced that buoyweather and saltwatertides was all i needed. however more recently i have been adding wavewatch to my forecasts.
the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Postby thugnomoe » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:44 pm

the dude wrote:i was convinced that buoyweather and saltwatertides was all i needed. however more recently i have been adding wavewatch to my forecasts.

how's wetsand.com for NW?
thugnomoe
I love a good soft top

Postby the dude » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:25 pm

i dont like wetsand. ive used many times before but have found to not be a clear representation of the PNW. once again these three reports are what i use.

wavewatch gives a great degree report along with all incoming swell heights and periods. they also attempt to give water temps, which for the most part are correct but up here in washignton depending whether yuor on the strait or coast, then temps vary. My experience with buoyweathers wind report has been very accurate, but since there non member service does not report on all incoing swell heights and periods, their report can be a bit confusing. My last check as mentioned above is saltwatertides. They give exact times of specific locations. Until i started using this saltwatertides i did not realize that a 20 minute drive south or north could really have a time change in the tides.
Ihave been using the last two for almost four years know and wavewatch for the last year. The three combined ahve seemed to be wokring out very well.
the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Postby wetchicken » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm

back to the point at hand-
i'm not seeing this free lola stuff anywhere on this board....
someone point me there
Did I mention that I'm doing your mom?
wetchicken
duck diving fool

Postby pra_ggresion » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:13 pm

It doesn't matter which one you use. Figure out the feeling for how the model works for at least three different free models (surfcheck, this pages, and one like wavewatch or magicseaweed). Compare and contrast the three models with what you've figured out so far as to how spots really work and voila you have a pretty good idea of when and where to go on your time off but have a couple of backups.
Surfline sucks cause sean collins sucks. LOLA does have some pretty colors; though, she's probably a man.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Previous

Return to Consumer Reports (Boring)